No wipers

drummer97223

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am in Oregon and have no wipers. When I turn on the wiper switch I hear a clicking noise from the A/C vent on the drivers side. I have power to the motor. Any ideas appreciated.

I cleaned the ground and then jumped the motor. It is dead. How do I get the keeper ring off of the wiper rod on the back of the motor, and more important how the heck will I get it back on? Thanks for your help.

drummer97223 said:
I cleaned the ground and then jumped the motor. It is dead. How do I get the keeper ring off of the wiper rod on the back of the motor, and more important how the heck will I get it back on? Thanks for your help.
Remove the driver's side leaf screen.
Disconnect the linkage drive arm from the motor by lifting the clip and sliding it away from the wiper motor arm.
Disconnect the electrical connector and the three attaching screws. Pull motor up and out.

Reverse to install.

unplug the wiper motor and plug in the replacment (not mounted) and ground it to the battery - if it doesn't turn over either - the cuplrit is the relay box under the dash or the multifunction switch. I have found (expereince) the multi function swtich and the relay box to be the problem 90% of the time over the motor.

Members online

Back