noise coming from the front help please

j_lincoln1

LVC Member
Reaction score
i have this crackin noise coming from the front i check the ball joints n they look good so i dont know wat it is but it sound nasty. it does it when i brake or when i turn or when i hit little bumps.

my guess would be sway bar bushings, stabilizer bar links, or upper ball joints. there are many threads on the first two.

i just did my end links and what a difference a $50 part makes in noise reduction. It sounded like it was gonna fall off to being non audible. Best bet is to get it checked and do the work yourself if you can.

timing chain time

Are you on drugs? How would a timing chain make frontend noises when turning the wheels or going over bumps?

+1 on the sway bar links. They are the most common failure in any suspension (couple good bumps in a couple hard corners can trash brand new bushings easily). You want to change them at once, do not wait. The noises you hear are metal banging metal in the bumps and turns and it will damage the mating surfaces where the bushing rides. It will also cause EXTERME wear on the ball joints and shock/strut assemblies of a vehicle.

For as cheap as they are to repair, there's no sense to drive anywhere but the parts store and put them on. They are super easy for anyone with even the most basic mechanical skills. If you don't you are going to cause premature wear on the other components which will lead you into hundreds of dollars in repairs.

I change sway bar end-links every 20k miles whether they are making an noise or not due to my driving style and local road conditions. Even when the old ones are showing no real visable sign of wear, you can really tell a difference. I've been considering moving to the Energy Suspension poly bushings but I've never taken the measurments on this car to see what I need. Poly bushings like E.S. sells I typically leave for 50k miles before changing.

The bushings that mount the bar to the car I typically leave for 50k because they do not see the same sort of abuse from road contaminants and chuckhole impacts.

Oh U Said 50 Bucks. Does This New Part Come With Grease Fitting AND ONE MORE THING DO AUTO PARTS HAVE THEM SUCH AS AUTOZON, ADVANCE AUTO PARTS N WAT DO I ASK FOR

Oh U Said 50 Bucks. Does This New Part Come With Grease Fitting AND ONE MORE THING DO AUTO PARTS HAVE THEM SUCH AS AUTOZON, ADVANCE AUTO PARTS N WAT DO I ASK FOR

If you spend extra on some high end bushings like Energy Suspension bushings, some will have grease fittings. Most places carry the plain stock units without a grease fitting.

You will ask for "sway bar end link kits" and "sway bar bushings" for front and/or rear.

K Just Got Under My Car The Sway Bar End Links Dont Look All Ripped Or Anything But I Got These Bushings Under There That LOOK ALL TORE UP Looks Like It Connects To The Steering Right Next To Ball Joint Would That Be It Too

K Just Got Under My Car The Sway Bar End Links Dont Look All Ripped Or Anything But I Got These Bushings Under There That LOOK ALL TORE UP Looks Like It Connects To The Steering Right Next To Ball Joint Would That Be It Too

Tie rod ends? Yes it could easily cause noise if the boots are busted and the grease is gone. You would most likely feel the car shift side to side at highway speeds and feel more "floaty" in the frontend under hard acceleration all with a loss of what little bit of steering feedback the car has.

You can change those yourself as well, back the nut away from the rod end and take the tie rod end off counting the number of full 360 degree rotations until it comes off. Put the new one on the same number of rotations, run the nut back up against the tie rod end tight, and take it into a shop for an alignment.

Sounds like you drive like me ;)

lol kool sounds good
but na my girlfriend drives my car sometimes n u know how that goes chicks dont know how to drive worth :q:q:q:q lol thanx alot though

Members online

No members online now.
Back