not a happy camper.

JES_LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just feel like I can't fix it fast enough.
I just got the shocks for the ls and ordered the DCCV to stop the heat from comming on, so of course the damn factory stereo has to start acting up.

The six disc changer has decided that it doesn't want to eject a cd. It selects the cd and brings it up to the opening even pulls down the flap, but then it stops and wont eject the cd.
If I play with it and turn the car on and off, push at the disc with a piece of plastic, it will eventually eject the disc.

has anyone else had the oem player do that?

is there anything I can try that might help, or should I just start looking for a new player that I can afford

This is in a 2002 ls sport with the alpine system, if that info is pertinent to this breakdown.

I just feel like I can't fix it fast enough.
I just got the shocks for the ls and ordered the DCCV to stop the heat from comming on, so of course the damn factory stereo has to start acting up.

The six disc changer has decided that it doesn't want to eject a cd. It selects the cd and brings it up to the opening even pulls down the flap, but then it stops and wont eject the cd.
If I play with it and turn the car on and off, push at the disc with a piece of plastic, it will eventually eject the disc.

has anyone else had the oem player do that?

is there anything I can try that might help, or should I just start looking for a new player that I can afford

This is in a 2002 ls sport with the alpine system, if that info is pertinent to this breakdown.

the same thing happened to my stock alpine changer it would eject when it wanted to. i am not sure if there is a way to fix it but amguessing your best bet is buying an aftermarket radio or looking on ebay for the same oem alpine but you'll probably have the same problem down the road.

Well with mine its not random, it only gives me a problem when I try to eject a disc.
Which means that I'll probably encounter the problem about this time next week since that's about how long I can go without changing the music in the in-dash player.

As long as the discs are in and loaded, it plays find and all that.

but just don't try to get them out.

Ive had this problem a few times. It always fixes itself if I leave it alone for a few hours. I figure one of these days ill take it apart and clean it out with some alcohol, then regrease the parts that need it.

My 6 dick Alpine sticks when ejecting but it only does it one time then it's good for 10 to 20 ejects.

John

I used to have the same problem with mine, and it only seemed to happen when a friend would throw in a disc then need it back. I got annoyed with it and ended up buying an aftermarket deck.

I used to have the same problem with mine, and it only seemed to happen when a friend would throw in a disc then need it back. I got annoyed with it and ended up buying an aftermarket deck.

What's the problem you must have gotten a lot of free CDs lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back