not an LS topic, but i have to brag!

lincolnlogs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Very exciting day for me today!

had an interview with a 100 million dollar investment company called Stage 2 Innovations here in Farmington Hills, MI today as an Engineering Technician!

took me about 2 months to get in, but boy was the hard work worth it!

my interview lasted six minutes, they asked me 3 questions, and i was done. literally 6 minutes!

long story short, they left me with a closing statement of: "it took us 6 applicants, and 6 interviews, but only 6 minutes to conclude your exactly what we want! can you start this weekend?"

starting salary of $23 an hour.

couldn't be more blessed considering im 20 years old, and fresh out of college.
only up from here right guys?

this means i can have a fresh pair of shoes on the LS for the meet :p

Congrats!!!!

Just save money for at least two years. Shoes can wait. Especially in this economy and considering your age. Respect that salary rather than finding ways to spend it.

So it was a 666 experience ?

Many congrats for sure, always good to get a leg up at an early age.

Congrats, I hope it works out well for you. New jobs and more money is always a great thing.

Congratulations. I'm about to graduate from college in the Detroit area as well and hope I can find a job quickly.

From Brown City? I'm originally from the Almont area! Congrats! I'm in the same boat and I'm still searching for a job, I think I need to broaden what I'm looking for and venture outside of OEMs in the medical devices and automotive industries.

From Brown City? I'm originally from the Almont area! Congrats! I'm in the same boat and I'm still searching for a job, I think I need to broaden what I'm looking for and venture outside of OEMs in the medical devices and automotive industries.

I go through almont every few weeks lol small world. the innovations company that hired me does patents for automotive and medical devices.

Yep, they're my old stomping grounds. I'll look into them, from what it sounds like it's not easy to get into. I don't know if you looking into any of the Big 3 but that's what I'm scaling it against.

Awesome man. I have a friend named Alex Berry, I thought you were him for a second haha. Only one year of college and you're already making some big moves.

Good for you, Alex. Save your money where you can, and see if the company will pay for you get get a degree. If you want one, the sooner you get on it the easier it will be.

Good job. Before you get used to the money, Roth IRA, and if they offer it Roth 401(k). Do it now. First thing.

Good to see a younger guy getting into the industrial stuff, hope it works out well for you. I'm an industrial mechanic and do a lot of the stuff in your job description.

My best advice is to first of all, be humble and latch on to someone who has been there a long time, let them mentor you.

2nd, think before you speak. Try to be 2-3 steps ahead of the group when you are working on a project. Have the tool in hand before the guy doing the work needs it, etc.

Here are some basic rules of industrial mechanics, I'm sure you can roll them into your engineering side of the house.

1. Create no further harm when doing something.

2. Don't trust what has come before.

3. Verify the complaint and that your 'repair' fixed the original problem, not just the symptoms.

Finally from a machinist perspective, figure out how the guy who has to make your design is going to build it and try to design it so it takes the fewest steps to create. Few things piss off a fabricator or machinist than an over engineered POS that only works on paper or has tolerances that are too tight for the intended purpose. Try to spend some quality time with them, it will pay you back many times over when you 'need' something done quickly and correctly.

Again, good luck with it and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

Congratulations!

You also got some sage advise. May I add some?

UPOD: Under-Promise-Over-Deliver. It can take many forms. Let's say you promise the item done on Thursday. But you know you can have finished earlier.
You dial down the expectations and then you look good by exceeding them. New on the job you may be a bit exuberant. Avoid getting over confident.

Save money, like in creating a pile of it. It will allow you to buy cheaper with cash rather than adding interest payments. You will have the power when negotiating. Live one more year as if you were a college kid.

Make a detailed 5 year plan for your life. There is magic in a written plan.

Reward yourself (without spending a lot) you deserve it!

Great to hear, Congratulations. I agree, save some of that money and set up a budget. I had a good job that for about 6 months because it just wasn't working out and I saved. Soooo glad I saved when I did.

Good Job

thanks everyone, I appreciate all the feedback and will definately take it to heart. saving for my future is very important, only thing I plan to buy for me is rims/tires. (tax money) lol thanks again guys love the support, love this forum, love my LS!

Members online

No members online now.
Back