O3 LS Outer Tie Rod

GhostInTheMachine

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a bad right outer tie rod. Looking to save some money and do it on my own. I have done these before but never on the LS. Can someone confirm the level of difficulty for me.

Thanks in advance.

They are quite easy, easier than most since the spindle is aluminum, it doesn't use a narrow taper on the pin and lock itself into the spindle requiring a lot of work to get out. It uses a wide taper on the seat, then the rest of the pin is straight and comes out of the spindle very easily. Just make sure you get an alignment right away. Try to get a measurement of where the current tie rod is, so you can put the new one or as close as possible, so you don't scrub a ton off your tires on the way to the alignment shop. The only place I was able to find the ends too is from ford, so get a hold of Max and he can take care of you.

Max at 5 star ford, one of the forum vendors who offers a discount to forum members. look on the right side of the screen. click the forums button and go to the bottom and click on the 5 star ford forum.

Members online

Back