Official LS Picture Thread

Yea a lot of people don't really understand it. People will ask me what color I am planning on painting it and stuff. Lol

But then there are others who are familiar with car mods and see it as a mod instead of primer.

Yea a lot of people don't get really understand it. People will ask me what color I am planning on painting it and stuff. Lol

That would be my first impression.

But then there are others who are familiar with car mods and see it as a mod instead of primer.

Sarcasm? Really?:rolleyes: I've been working on and modding cars for 25 years. Slapping some vinyl wrap on a car isn't a mod. It's just another body "coating". Paint is a coating. Vinyl wrap is a coating. They're just made of different material. All you did was change the color of the car. And in that picture, it looks like either black primer or satin finish black paint. I'm sure up close and in the daylight it would be more discernable as vinyl wrap. Your wheels are "mods". Your vinyl primer isn't. But once again, like I said, it's a neat "stealth" look, but it's not for everyone. To me, it looks "unfinished".

I guess we have different definitions of "mods" then. I consider anything modified from the original, a mod. Therefore, changing the color is a mod.

Lulz, mark.

I've been working on and modding cars for 25 years. Slapping some vinyl wrap on a car isn't a mod. It's just another body "coating". Paint is a coating. Vinyl wrap is a coating. They're just made of different material. All you did was change the color of the car. And in that picture, it looks like either black primer or satin finish black paint. I'm sure up close and in the daylight it would be more discernable as vinyl wrap. Your wheels are "mods". Your vinyl primer isn't. But once again, like I said, it's a neat "stealth" look, but it's not for everyone. To me, it looks "unfinished".

WOW, thanks for your "opinion" on the subject... glad we all know how "you" feel about it...

I guess we have different definitions of "mods" then. I consider anything modified from the original, a mod. Therefore, changing the color is a mod.

Lulz, mark.

I suppose we do. But everybody has opinions:D I'm an old school mechanic. In my experience, replacing the 2bbl 302 with a 4bbl 351 Cleveland is a "mod". Upgrading the old C3 with a Tremec T56 is a "mod". Giving a car a cool paint job is just that. Giving it a cool paint job (whether it's paint or vinyl wrap). Doesn't make it go faster. Doesn't make it handle better. It's like putting that NOS sticker in your window even though you don't have nitrous. Looks cool, but doesn't do anything...

WOW, thanks for your "opinion" on the subject... glad we all know how "you" feel about it...

Exactomundo;)

I suppose we do. But everybody has opinions:D I'm an old school mechanic. In my experience, replacing the 2bbl 302 with a 4bbl 351 Cleveland is a "mod". Upgrading the old C3 with a Tremec T56 is a "mod". Giving a car a cool paint job is just that. Giving it a cool paint job (whether it's paint or vinyl wrap). Doesn't make it go faster. Doesn't make it handle better. It's like putting that NOS sticker in your window even though you don't have nitrous. Looks cool, but doesn't do anything...

Exactomundo;)

so just out of curiosity, no need to get fired up, you came over to the LS side just tell us that wrapping a car in vinyl is not a mod, and you don't like it. Hmmmm

Also being a 25 year old mechanic, you would think that is the look you love as back in the day satin black hotrods where all the rage... oh and rat rods are dumb too?

I bet all the guys loved hanging out with you since you hate all the stuff that was popular then and now....

But anyways, anything taking the car from stock factory equipment or appearance is modifying the car, so please know what the hell you are talking bout first. Change the paint on a car, and take it to the dealer as original, or an auction, or a car show, they will laugh in your face and say, well no that is modified.

OK, long enough... I took a couple of quick pictures of my 2003 Lincoln LS V8 Sport. Notice the chrome between the windows on the door. The car is as it was when I bought it, and will be as it is when I sell it (except the few things wrong with it will be fixed).

LincolnLS2.jpg

LincolnLS1.jpg

Just wondering if stopsign knows the miles on those tires.

Who doesn't love cannolis?

Sorry, was on a long trip and just got back. I have no idea the miles on the tires, but I hate to break it to ya, that IS Michiana. Three Rivers MI baby. My uncle lives on Fisher Lake near Mendon and he always has a 4th of July bash. I was in Three Rivers and saw that area and knew I needed a picture near there haha

OK, long enough... I took a couple of quick pictures of my 2003 Lincoln LS V8 Sport. Notice the chrome between the windows on the door. The car is as it was when I bought it, and will be as it is when I sell it (except the few things wrong with it will be fixed).

LincolnLS2.jpg

LincolnLS1.jpg
In other words, boring? :D

You don't want to do anything to it??

I have an '03 as well... sooooo glad I don't have those wheels. A lot of guys on here like them, but they just look so socker mom-ish to me. Almost as if they double for a Ford minivan somewhere.

Fog Style Survey

First I have to say... "Oh my damn!" lol

Secondly, out of the two (and these two ONLY), which fog light does everyone prefer? Gen I or Gen II? I'm seriously tempted to convert my Gen II to these Gen I fog lights until I get my '06 bumper.

Well, I just got back from a 1000 mile trip. It was an awesome 4th of July for me for sure :) Lots of family and explosions. Gotta love America. Oh, its our birthday? Lets blow some :q:q:q:q up. Well anyway, the LS performed amazing over the course of the trip considering it was over 95F for most of the journey. I went all over the state of MI. I took lots of pictures (over 300) so here are some of the best ones.

These two were in Michiana;
IMG_20120702_165532.jpg

IMG_20120702_172002.jpg

The rest here were up north around Frankfort and M22. M22 is one of the most beautiful highways ever. Its covered in trees and winds and twists by Lake Michigan. Its amazing.

IMG_20120705_154421.jpg

IMG_20120705_155434.jpg

IMG_20120705_164611.jpg

IMG_20120705_170035.jpg

IMG_20120705_170236.jpg

IMG_20120705_173612.jpg

IMG_20120705_183406.jpg

Heres one of the lake from atop a bluff. Thats road right there is M22. SO MUCH FUN TO DRIVE!!!
IMG_20120706_122759.jpg

Sorry for the tons of pictures. But there ya go :p

I like the one in the grassy area. There is a hungry LS hiding in the bush and she is ready to pounce! lol

Sweet pics man, glad you had a good 4th!

Elemino - No plans as of now. I need something cushy to get the wife around in, and the LS excels at that. Later on down the road I may make some changes but for now, it is as it will be. But, after the wife gets her back surgery, who knows? It's best if I look at it as untouchable for now. When I get into project mode nothing on the vehicle is safe. Besides, you guys may not approve of what changes I'd be making if I did start modifying it. I'll give you a hint, I LOVE Chevrolet LSx engines.

A wild LS in her natural habitat. Grab the master ball!

IMG_20120705_170035.jpg

PS: I don't know jack squat about pokemon

so just out of curiosity, no need to get fired up, you came over to the LS side just tell us that wrapping a car in vinyl is not a mod, and you don't like it. Hmmmm .

Yeah. I'm sorry about that. I came over here because I saw a thread on the new RWD Lincoln and started looking around. And I am interested in getting an LS soon and wanted more info on the car than I already have. And it is my opinion that wrapping a car in vinyl is not what I consider a "mod". To me a "mod" is something like modifying the exhaust to make it more efficient or modifying the intake to make it breathe better or modifying the suspension to make it handle better. Changing the color of a car isn't so much a "mod" as just an appearance change (technically, a "modification", but not my idea of one).

Also being a 25 year old mechanic, you would think that is the look you love as back in the day satin black hotrods where all the rage... oh and rat rods are dumb too?

Now, the satin/flat/primer black look works on T-Buckets or 50's hot rods, just not so much on modern sport sedans in my opinion. It's not my thing. If you like it, more power to ya:)

I bet all the guys loved hanging out with you since you hate all the stuff that was popular then and now....

See above...

But anyways, anything taking the car from stock factory equipment or appearance is modifying the car, so please know what the hell you are talking bout first. Change the paint on a car, and take it to the dealer as original, or an auction, or a car show, they will laugh in your face and say, well no that is modified.

Thank you. I do know what the hell I'm talking about. Modding means different things to different people. Get your a$$ off your shoulders before you start talking $h!t to somebody.

As stated, it comes down to how one looks at the meaning of modification. Even the word "addition" applies depending on how one wants to look at it.

Before I forget, Stop, your car is coming along quickly. Nice to see you attacking it quickly but with nice choices.

Members online

No members online now.
Back