Official LS Picture Thread

just thought i'd drop a quick pic. im doing an electric cooling fan (flex-a-lite 180), alternator upgrade, and new tires this month. more pics to come
vbpgimage.php

Yes that is a Sport interior. All leather steering wheel, all leather shift knob, and silver trim indicate Sport.
Before anyone else chimes in and says that their LS is a Sport with wood trim that is because it their LS also has the Ultimate package on it as well.

LL, so you are saying that i have the Ultimate package? I didn't know that. I always thought, if you had the Ultimate package, it meant wood steering wheel, wood shifter knob, Navigation and rear heated/cooled seats.

Here is a picture of my interior.
DSCN2879.jpg

Yea it looks like you have an ultimate. But someone has changed he steering wheel.

He has a leather shift knob as well... I thought if you had wood trim it was shifter and steering wheel. Also Nav is not an Ultimate standard item, it is an option, as were the rear heated seats.

He has a leather shift knob as well... I thought if you had wood trim it was shifter and steering wheel. Also Nav is not an Ultimate standard item, it is an option, as were the rear heated seats.

I have the Premium Sport option which I'm told is the Sport option with Wood accents on the dash & doors to go with the Wood wheel & shift knob.

I have the Premium Sport option which I'm told is the Sport option with Wood accents on the dash & doors to go with the Wood wheel & shift knob.

In 03 Premium = Ultimate.. They changed the package names in 04. If you have a Premium Sport like I do than thats as good as it gets :D For 03 anyway.. There was no LSE.

Silver LS, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Andrizzle, the steering wheel in my car hasn't been changed. If i had the wood shifter knob, then i would say it has been replaced.
Also, i don't have the rear heated/cooled seats. Some of the options that i do have are, adjustable pedals, HIDs, Advance Trac.

As far as the wheels go, the car has the double seven spokes.
DSCN3625.jpg

What a nice color 05 LS8! I like that a lot more than my black LS. Also, the HIDs are nice too :) - I would like to get some myself, but you can get pulled over for that here, and I'd rather not blind oncoming drivers for not having all the leveling system and whatnot.

He has OEM HIDs, they come stock on the LS and are not illegal. You can usually pull a pair off ebay if you keep an eye out.

yeah i took the resonators off too. i unbolted behind the cats welded in the 3" X-pipe in the pic and it's straight 3" from there. sounds good i think. I would so love to let you hear it...unfortunately she's out of commission right now :( spun a main bearing. and it looks like she's gonna have to have a heart transplant bc i can't find any rebuild kits for the 3.9

X pipe.jpg

...unfortunately she's out of commission right now :( spun a main bearing. and it looks like she's gonna have to have a heart transplant bc i can't find any rebuild kits for the 3.9

Sorry to hear that, any idea when you'll have it back on the road?

as soon as possible :) depends which route i have to go. I'm trying to find out if a Jag 4.0 rebuild kit will work for our 3.9s. If not i'll either have to get a used or reman 3.9. the only other option i have is looking into a 4.6 or maybe even a 5.4 swap if it'll fit. If i go to the 4.6 or 5.4 it'll probly be late spring or summer :( i'd really like to stick with A 3.9 and have her running in a few weeks. but in the mean time while it's down i'm gonna go ahead and do the full 8.8 swap with 4.30s and LSD and get the tune done for the nitrous. She's gonna have a completely different attitude when i get her back on the road :)

Eish 4.6 / 5.4 swap, I don't want to clog this picture thread so... make sure you check out some of the threads on here, its been discussed quite a bit, so you can see some of the hurdles you'll likely be faced with.

What a nice color 05 LS8! I like that a lot more than my black LS. Also, the HIDs are nice too :) - I would like to get some myself, but you can get pulled over for that here, and I'd rather not blind oncoming drivers for not having all the leveling system and whatnot.

Thanks buddy.
I like it a lot too. Really shows off the body lines on the car.
I wouldn't mind a black 05 LSE though.

hey thanks silver ls. It looks like i'm going with a reman 3.9 long block for ford

Just a silly picture... Unfortunately I didn't time it right to get 33.3MPG or 333 miles to empty at the same time :D

IMG_0438.jpg

Yes that is a Sport interior. All leather steering wheel, all leather shift knob, and silver trim indicate Sport.
Before anyone else chimes in and says that their LS is a Sport with wood trim that is because it their LS also has the Ultimate package on it as well.

Thanks :) The leather and silver I don't mind at all, but I would rather have some wood instead of the carbon fiber stuff. Can't have it all..

Please take more....you have a good eye with that SLR :D

Thank you! Still working on my photography, but hey, everyone has a learning curve. I'd love to take some more pics, but it's around 0C (23F) and the car is dirty as hell. Gotta wait for spring for some proper photos.

Members online

No members online now.
Back