oil in spark plug well

ufuknut

LVC Member
Reaction score
i tried to search and search before (re)posting this. so if its a repost sorry in advance.
i have a 04 lincoln ls v6 about 85k miles. last year i changed all coils and plugs, all with motorcraft to avoid headaches later, because it began to rough idle and bogg while driving. everything was fine till about 2 months ago when car began to "bogg" or hesitate while driving. got a code saying car was misfing. pulled out plug and had oil in... but not in the coil jus the plug. is this a valve cover issue or something worse.
i have the changed that same plug twice and twice with oil. seem to last about a month before car really shows decrease in performance. and its for the #6 coil. thanks in advance

dang it i know it but wasnt sure, i knew i should have changed it when i changed the intake manifold gaskets... would i have to change the intake gaskets again?

I've successfully re-used intake gaskets on my V6, using brakleen spray to thoroughly clean the used gaskets up. They come out looking like brand new, since they are plastic with a bead of silicone on both sides to seal the ports up. IMHO, it is a waste of money to replace those gaskets to the tune of and $60 a set, at least on the first time taking it apart. I am on my second right now at about 170K and this time I have the new gaskets, but will check the ones that come out and clean them again, to have on hand for the next time. I don't really like spending an hour or 2 to clean gaskets mid-job, but if I have clean ones ready, to me, it doesn't matter if they are used or new.

I'm midway through changing my valve cover gaskets now, due to oil leakage from the rear of the covers leaking onto the exhaust manifolds. The worst part of the job so far, has been the valve cover cleaning, with sandy grime mixed with oil, on the top side of the covers, along with cleaning the head's sealing surface with the cams sitting there, unable to tolerate any contamination. My son is a service adviser at a ford dealership and told me that the V6 valve cover gasket job is a 3 hour flat rate procedure. I cannot see how anyone could do this is 3 hours and not cut corners somewhere.

Members online

No members online now.
Back