old person's car

oh come on boyz n girlz....you can pay for something on your own...when you want something nice as long as you can pay for it on ur own..i see too many people/kids buy things like car's/house's & stuff that they cant afford due to their eyes being toooooo big for their pockets or their daddy's pocket's fora matter fact... meanwhile when they cant afford to please their own wifies/mother of their kids, who work their asses off to raise'n childern who whind up spoiled as hell...(pleased dont be offended childern it a fact if you wanna know...just look around..a good look!!!) , cause they wanna look cool.
im #? yrs old and im paid off on my ride!!! I didnt expect anyone to pay it off for me... cuz i wanna impress anyyone omn the street,ya know....and im not even close to being an old lady ...so please pardon your own ignorance to fine cars... hee chk my ride and ull see...and others...till then

carpoof said:
I am 21, I just got my LS and love it. It is definitely not an old person car, although a lot of old people do drive them, in Florida especially :-l :L :nxsmile

well the old folks driving them in florida lasts from November to April then they go back to Indiana and such. I'd rather they stay north of the florida state line but can appreciate their love for the good life while driving great cars.

:W to Florida now go home. :waving:

I don't personally care what age group "people" want to think my LS belongs in... All I know is that when the ladies see it they say only one thing..."WOW!"...and that my friends, is one of the main reasons we got these things to begin with.

Or am I just shallow...

BTW, 28 yrs old.

I think the stigmatism is the result of generations of Americans that grew up driving Chevy and Ford but always knew that Cadillac and Lincoln was the big luxo car to have. When they finally arrived to the point in their life where they could buy premium cars they went with what they knew.

I bought my car shortly after they rolled out of assembly so my friends really never heard of it before I bought the car. Well no one really knew of it because Lincoln failed to promote the car. At any rate I bought my car at the ripe old age of 31 because I liked the appearance of the car and was recognized the value of a car that is so well equipped. I would like to say that there was some patriotic motive behind buying the car but there wasn’t. It boiled down to looks, handling, safety and features. Of course my friends were wowed by it then after they discovered it was a Lincoln proceeded with the stereotypical comments.

Despite the long rough road of ownership; I still harbor the same feelings today as I did 5 years ago.

I'm 23. I bought my 98 Mark VIII and 02 Continental at age 22. I bought my Crown Victoria at age 19. The only "old people" cars are Caddilacs...

northstarkickin.jpg

evillally said:
I'm 23. I bought my 98 Mark VIII and 02 Continental at age 22. I bought my Crown Victoria at age 19. The only "old people" cars are Caddilacs...

photoExt2_med.jpg
or this one :)

43 years young. I've bought my 2001 new.

BTW my first post here. I've got a silver 5 speed. Wish I could get a little more hp out of that 6.

I also am rebuilding the motor in my 94 Probe GT. Hope to have it back on the road this summer.

Just found this site today. Hoping it will help me find ways to improve the performance of the LS.

Steve

SMW2001LS said:
43 years young. I've bought my 2001 new.

BTW my first post here. I've got a silver 5 speed. Wish I could get a little more hp out of that 6.

I also am rebuilding the motor in my 94 Probe GT. Hope to have it back on the road this summer.

Just found this site today. Hoping it will help me find ways to improve the performance of the LS.

Steve
:W

Steve,
You will be better off to start a new thread with your questions so more people can read it. I am new to the LS world myself and new to the board here. Great place, and welcome!!

MIKE

I don't car what people say about lincolns, cadi's etc.. How many people went and bought tuners after fast and furious. Just so they could try and spend more buying and modding an uncomfortable unsuitable for dailydriving tuner so they could try and outrun a stock mustang v8 or corvette. Then of coarse even more money to try and handle as well. I buy and prefer the cars I do becuase of the style, ride and comfort & decent cost. Most people no matter what they say buy whatevers trendy or they get a deal on. Look at pickups for example they were for hicks mini-vans were for hippies (vw) large cars were family or muscle depending on engine option. Small(falcon size cars) were for a very few. Now suvs(mini-trucks) and trucks (for off roading or thinking they could) and cramming a family into a compact car or midsize interior with a high roof-line and a shortened bed (4 door trucks). Now these suvs and trucks are the new all purpose for a huge amount of people. And minivans the old new family car is now becoming a crossover vehicle.

29 yo. Got my LS 18 months ago. Always wanted one so I went and
got me one. It is a 01 v8. The only car that comes close is the new
cadillac cts. But the LS is still the BEST!!!

:L

Since yall talking about payments I thought I may as well throw in my senero where MY Lincoln 97 conti I BOUGHT up fornt no loan saving and no life but work. For $8,000 payed for my insurance tell i was rearended on 4/20 and now I'm back to my baby 71 Ford F100 Tell my senior year or summer of junior in which where I will buy a LS I don't know yet and I'm 16 now.

R.I.P. my Conti

Well, I guess that I'll screw up the average age here.

I'm new to the chatbox. I'm 62 years old, but I've been a car nut all my life.

Besides my 2004 LS8 Sport, I presently own a 2003 Tbird, a 1964 Tbird 4.6 LX, a 1964 Galaxy convertble (500XL clone) 352/250hp, and a 1958 TBird hardtop, 61,000 original miles (2nd owner) 352/300hp.

My favorite cars from the past (that I've owned), a brand new 1965 Corvette 327/300hp convert, two tops; a 1968 Cyclone fastback GT (302 4V, 4 speed); a 1985 TBird TurboCoupe 5 speed manual; and a 57 Chev BelAir, 283/220 hp, three speed Hurst, 4:11 gears.

Yes, I'm a car nut.

I'm 34 and I bought my LS new in 2000 when I was 30.

I always get looks and compliments from the old heads when I pull into the gas station..

Got the 2000 last year when I was 18...and no my parents did not buy the car for me!

27 - 2003 LS V8, needed a nice car.

My 89 Mustang gets me into to too much trouble & my 01 PowerStroke Diesel gets bad mileage.

2000 LS v8, im 18 years old and no its not my daddy's car

Members online

No members online now.
Back