Overheating 2003 V8, thermostat?

dudeinthething

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Overheated and the car shut down. The reservoir was still full and steam was coming out of a hose beneath the thermostat housing. I then took off the cap on the thermostat housing and the reservoir cap and the system started to drain and it start to spit water out of the hose beneath the cap. Does this sound like a stuck thermostat?

Thanks
John

Overheated and the car shut down. The reservoir was still full and steam was coming out of a hose beneath the thermostat housing. I then took off the cap on the thermostat housing and the reservoir cap and the system started to drain and it start to spit water out of the hose beneath the cap. Does this sound like a stuck thermostat?

Thanks
John

what hose beneath the cap? the housing sits on the engine

It looks like there is a open hose beneath the cap and housing unit that is about 3 inches long. Maybe i lost a hole hose and it blew off. I do not have a diagram of the housing unit to compare to. If you are looking at the engine, it is on the right lower side, and the hose is a 1 to 1 1/2 inch diameter hose.

It looks like there is a open hose beneath the cap and housing unit that is about 3 inches long. Maybe i lost a hole hose and it blew off. I do not have a diagram of the housing unit to compare to. If you are looking at the engine, it is on the right lower side, and the hose is a 1 to 1 1/2 inch diameter hose.

Yes, you lost a hose. You are describing where the hose that runs down to the aux water pump should be. If the hose were there, it would run down and to your left (car's right) to where the aux pump is just behind the radiator at the bottom right of the radiator. (below the DCCV)

Members online

Back