P430 Code catalyst efficiency low?!?!?!?!?

tdymorris

LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever come across this code? Couple weeks ago i did the coil workover , changed plugs, air filter, coolant flush. Cleared the codes stored in the comp. Drove it home got half way there and this code went off. I cleared it again, tried a water trick my buddy knew on how to clean the cats a little. Drove home and once again there it went. This time i took it to the dealer. I was told by the dealership that the cats are under warranty until 85000 miles. So i figured what the hell , let them figure it out , rather than me pull my hair out. Any ideas? Oh, the reason i did the coil workover is because i was driving down the jersey shore and got half way to capemay and it started missing, so i ran the car on 3 maybe 4 cylinders for about 100 miles. But since i did the tune up the thing runs like a runaway slave LOL.....

430 misfire condition, upstream and downstream oxygen sensor comparison out of normal pattern. Leaded gas usage, bad HO2 sensor, etc.

Took it to dealership, they had to replace one of the catalytic converters, had them do a LOF while it was there so i didnt have to deal with it

Members online

No members online now.
Back