Parting Out 1997 Mark VIII (black on black)

rlekberg

LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I posted a sale in the forums back in December to try to sell my damaged car as a whole, with no takers (understandable). I won't bother linking to the previous post but will spell out that I hit some ice on my way to work in mid December and hit a guard rail pretty much straight on. As a result, the headlights, grill, bumper, and airbags are all shot. The rest of the car was not damaged. The car was in need of a major paint job (no rust on the body), so any exterior items will need paint, but the interior is in good shape. I took parts out this past weekend, but was looking to see if anyone else would need some parts for their Mark VIII. The car has 177,000 miles on it with the original tranny and engine. I have a Diablo chip installed and will be willing to pull that is someone could give me direction on it. I also have a K&N filter as well. The engine burns very little oil and I have never had to add any between changes. I will be willing to sell the engine and/or tranny, but I would require that the person interest pull it since I am not set up to do that. I also have two replacement rear air bags (shocks) that I never installed that I can sell as well.

Let me tell you about what is missing already (my bother has a 98 LSC and took some parts for himself). Obviously the headlights, grill, bumper, and airbags are gone. My brother took the rear ballast for the LED, but I do still have the LED. The radio/amp/etc are already gone as with compressor for the air shocks. I converted the air shocks to standard springs a little over 8 months ago, so those are still in good shape, so anyone looking to convert their car over, I can get you the complete kit for pretty cheap. The passenger side seat control just died. The ac/heat controls have the plastic housing (internal) broken, but it still works fine (broke it when replacing the blend door actuator). The steering column adjustment controls do not work either.

I am sure that I left something out, but would be able to let you know pretty quick on what I have. Any large items I would prefer local delivery/pickup only unless you arrange it otherwise.

If interested, please leave a post or you can email me at: MarkVIII@NeverBeShaken.com

I can set up an ebay auction if you would prefer that, or will sell direct. My account on ebay is rlekberg (as with my user name on this site) and you will be able to see that I am trustworthy.

If you are interested in a particular part, I can post/email a picture(s) of it to let you see the condition. Again all the interior items are in pretty good shape, with the exception of the driver's seat showing wear, basically the leather is tough.

After being asked where I am located, I am in Alton, Illinois 62002.

Last edited:
It turns out that my brother informed me that he has some parts from his 98 LSC that he is looking to sell:

- 6 Disc CD changer w/cartridge and with the tape deck Headunit and the amp may be fried
-OEM speakers
-foggy passenger side headlight

did your car have chrome 10 spokes on it? i'd be interested in wheels if you have chrome 10 spokes. also, how is the inside of the rear neon tail light lense, is it clear, is it nice and red or is there any black looking spots inside it? and your brother took the ballast off it, but before he did , did the light work right?

The rims I have are the ones pictured on this ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993...211492717QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200211492717

As for the neon tail light, the lens is clear, there are no black spots, and is pretty red. There could be some fading, but I will have to look again tonight to confirm; I will post a picture tonight. The LED has dropped a bit on one side but should be able to be fixed. Yes the LED worked perfect before my brother took the ballast.

Oem speakers.. i'm assuming jbl? Do you have the entire set? Tweets, highs and mids? Are they in good condition? How much for the whole set.. lastly.. interior pieces.. are they wood? Do you have the ash tray and cup holder covers? If so.. good conditon and no cracks? How much?

My brother will check his speakers tonight as to the condition. From what I remember (since I pulled them), they are in good shape. He has the complete set of 4-6x9's and 4 tweeters. They are JBL. I will post a price once he has a chance to verify their condition.

As for the interior pieces, only the 'wood' (plastic to look like wood) is the piece that is on the center dash, around the stereo, a/c controls, and gear shift, is one piece and it looks good, but some of the mounts have broken off due to its age (plastic gets brittle). The only other 'wood' trim is on the door panel.

Right now I have someone interested in the entire center console. I do have to covers, but the ashtray lid is broken from the spring, but the lid as a whole is still in one piece. The cup holder cover is in good condition but the "chrome" on the release is pealing off.

alright... let me know on speakers... as for "wood" all i need is the wood for ash tray and cup holder.. if thier one piece... then let me know.. if thier seperate let me know... i just need uncracked ones.. as in.. the wood not being cracked...

Hi - this is the brother. As my brother indicated, I have the amp, Radio/Cassette, the 10Disc CD Changer from the trunk (the cartridge seems to be jammed in the drive - it works, just does not eject cleanly), and I also have the set of speakers - the normal JBL set would be 4-6x8 and 2 tweeters. I have the set EXCEPT for one 6x8 - I remember pitching that one as I punctured the speaker. Therefore - the set is for 2-tweeters and 3-6x8 woofers.

If you are interested, shoot an offer on them to my brother (rlekberg).

Thanks!

Cigarret Lighter Piece

Hi!

If The Console is Not Sold i Am Still interested In A Working Cigarette Lighter From The Console (Not Elemnt That Pulls Out).......Mine Burnt Out....Thanks!!!

Maxedoutstress:

I received your email and I have spoken with the guy who currently wants the console and he said that he did not need the cigarette lighter, so I can pull that and sell that part separately.

Dark_Majesty_06:

if you click on "View My Photo Gallery" to the left, you will see a picture of the only "wood" I have in my car. The ashtray and cup holder are leather topped.

Preacher99, I am sure that I still have it, but could you tell me where it is located at? I will look this weekend for it.

dark majesty, 97 and 98 mark VIII's dont have wood cup holder/ash tray assemblies, only 94-96 did i think you are looking for parts for the wrong year, his car is a 97 the whole console is different then 93-96.

Dark_Majesty_06: The person who wanted the center console doesn't want it because his interior is gray, so, I have the cover to the cup holders, but the ash tray lid is broken off it's mounts, so it doesn't spring up; just the manual positioning.

rlekberg.....could you pm me with your asking price on the cupholder assembly? If the price is right, I'll take it with the broken ashtray lid. That's not so important to me. I wouldn't need the cig. lighter either. Also, Dark_Majesty has a 96 Mark, so it won't work in his.

Thanks

Pm me for the price of, The passenger door and mirror. Also the trim around the windshield. Shipping to 06340. Thanks, Tom
I dont need the window in the door or any of the interior parts, just the shell.

Are the front air springs good? If so, how much shipped to 07724? Thanks.

Mike

His post says it a spring converted car soooo buy the springs !, I dont think I would buy used air parts......buy new if you cant pay the price go with springs.

Blenderhead, I would recommend the same as ford nut and just go with the springs. I do have two aftermarket bags, but had trouble with them. With the springs, I never had to worry that my car was on the ground when I needed to go somewhere. I do have to complete set of springs and, as expected, the rears have some rust on them, but the set is not very old, probably about 9 months. I would look for about $200 with shipping included.

midnightmark, I know that I have it, but just need to know what I am looking for. I did a quick search on google, but didn't see anything. Maybe a picture and I can pull it tomorrow.

Members online

Back