Passenger Window out of track... Max need your HELP!!

Frasch

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My front passenger window came out of track today..so I took apart the whole door and found that these white clips that hold the door in place snapped! Im looking for those white clips for the passenger side and possibly for the driver side as well... "just in case". Have read some of the other posts but I dont want to buy the full actuator for the window if I dont have too. BTW i have a 04 v8 sec gen....any help would be great thanks!

I would maybe try to think about fabricating something to make it work better than buying a whole new unit

My window is in the same condition and I'm planning on either experimenting 2 new clips or simple super glue them back together, soon as this SD weather warms up. I know it sucks :( I've emailed ford, I've talked to my dealer, they all want cash! ford is greedy!

Super glue is not going to work I'm afraid. Just buy the unit, they aren't expensive. Better safe than sorry.

I will have to see... happened on the worst day of the week too.. haha Saturday!!! But will call around today and see what happens?!?

Called to the Ford shop today.. they wanted $93 for the actuator and probably $15 more for the labor - cause I had the door apart once already...

Last edited:
That regulator for the r/f door is a 4W7Z-5423208 AA listing for 93.88 and cost you $61.02 plus shipping.

Max

Super glue is not going to work I'm afraid. Just buy the unit, they aren't expensive. Better safe than sorry.

Don't be so sure! My plastic clips broke and I simply took super glue and a lighter to it and it's worked great ever since. But it's up to you! You sometimes have to baby the windows. I try and roll them up in intervals rather then all the way up at once or vice versa. Just my .02 :cool:

ok finally got my window fixed... about $68.00 for the parts from Max "thanks by the way!!" Than another $50 to get it installed...but now I have duct tape residue on my window...any suggestions on how to get it off with out ruining the tint??

Members online

No members online now.
Back