pcv valve bad?

ridinprettyls

LVC Member
Reaction score
How do I know if my pcv valve is bad? Does it relate to why there is oil in my air intake between the filter and valve?

No breather system is perfect, and at some point oil will always end up in the intake tube since that is where the clean air comes from. Even if there isn't anything wrong. However, it can be a sign of a bad PCV valve, but given the location of the PCV on that engine, you'd be best to just clean the oil out for the time being and see if it comes back in a relatively short period of time, a month or so.

Thanks 97...this was in my opinion A LOT of oil....looks like that will be the project for the weekend. If anyone would like to post up a link on how to remove the upper intake manifold that would be great.

If you are just getting oil in your intake, I would consider a catch can. If you are getting any codes, then the 90deg tube at the PCV is probably cracked like many other. Just changed mine out recently as it would not pass emissions...Quite a bit of work, but not too bad if you take your time...

Thanks 97...this was in my opinion A LOT of oil....looks like that will be the project for the weekend. If anyone would like to post up a link on how to remove the upper intake manifold that would be great.
But how long has it been there? A little oil here and there over a long length of time will eventually make a size-able puddle. Like I said, clean it first, then check it periodically and see if it comes back.

Members online

Back