pics of LS with baby seat in it???

vanillaprice

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of an LS with a baby seat in it. I have a 3 year old and another one on the way and am thinking of buying an LS. Does anyone drive with one now and can tell me if the front seats have to be put foward alot?? How much leg room in front after getting a seat in. I want another Mustang cobra but I need something 4 door for the wife and kids. My other option is a Cadilac CTS but I do not want to spend that much on a used car.

I just snapped these for ya. Maybe it will help. One of the main reasons for me buying a LS was its great safety rating. I highly recommend them for that. These pictures are with the front seats back as far as they go.
HPIM1647.JPG
HPIM1648.JPG

HPIM1647.JPG

HPIM1648.JPG

Fla02LS: thanks for the pic. how much leg room do you have. How tall are you and do you normally drive with the seats all the way back.

Does anyone have a pic with a baby seat that faces the back.

vanillaprice said:
Fla02LS: thanks for the pic. how much leg room do you have. How tall are you and do you normally drive with the seats all the way back.
I'm 6'4", and i have plenty of leg room. I do usually drive with the seat all the way back and reclined slightly, if you look at the first picture you can see the side pillar and seat belt, that gives you a reference of how far back and reclined it is, so i'd say those pictures are the extreme, unless your a giant. I usually keep the passenger seat a little forward to make it easier for the little one to hop in and out. If your not very tall and have the seats at a reasonable distance i dont think a rear facing seat should be a problem in the middle position. Here is another picture with the seats in a more normal seating position. Plenty of room.
HPIM1651.JPG

HPIM1651.JPG

Not a problem to put a baby seat in there. I currently have a rear-facing one for my 10 month old and there is plenty of room. Not as much as an SUV, but enough for you to carry the baby around and still maintain your "cool". I keep the driver's seat all the way back and reclined, I'm 6'. I also keep the passenger side back as well.

I don't think I have a picture of it, but I once had all three of my nieces in their baby seats in the back seat of my '04. Two were forward facing and once was rear-facing. The eldest girl (four and a half at the time) was behind the passenger seat in a "booster-seat" style seat; the middle daughter (not quite three) was behind me in a seat that looked like the one posted above, and the youngest (about 13 months) was in a rear-facing seat in the middle.

I drive with my seat all the way back and with some rearward rake to it, and this was no exception. My brother was in the passenger seat most of the day, but I don't remember how far back he had the seat. He's pretty much medium height, medium build (bigger than most women), and he wasn't scrunched up.

i guess it depends on the size of the carseat too.. because i`m 6`1 and i drive an 00 ls with my seat all the way back and reclined a bit and my son who is 1 has no space.. it will squeeze his foot.. every time i have no choice to put him behind the drivers seat its uncomfortable for me. so i try everything so that i dont have to put him behind me.. if you really want space go with a cadillac deville or something.. thats my other car.. a 2000, and man.. space for days.. i can put my seat all the way back and recline it so far that i cant even see the road and he will still have space and you wont loose in the performance dept too if thats a concern. but in the ls, there is more than enough room if the child uses a booster seat due to the fact that they can sit all the way back in the rear seat and in this case their feet most likelywont even reach the back of the drivers seat.

A few words of caution...

If you have a youngin' in the back, pleae make sure your LS has had the seat latch recall done on it.

Also, make sure you put something under the car seat, like a folded towel or two. Car seats have to be sinched down really tight with the seatbelt and the bottom of the carseat will leave a lasting impression on your leather. Been there, done that.

mholhut said:
Also, make sure you put something under the car seat, like a folded towel or two. Car seats have to be sinched down really tight with the seatbelt and the bottom of the carseat will leave a lasting impression on your leather. Been there, done that.
Very true. Its hard to see in the pictures but i have some thingy that is made for that purpose. Black padded vinyl seat protector...whatever its called. Barely notice its there. Also great for spills which are bound to happen.

I've got an '03 with my 3 week old daughters rear facing car seat and base belted in behind the passenger seat. I can't maintain confortable driving seat position with an adult, never mind the car seat back there. I'm going to try belting it in the centre so that the passenger seat is still useable by a full sized adult. For a full size luxury sports sedan, the legroom is not great in the back seat.

Josuave said:
For a full size luxury sports sedan, the legroom is not great in the back seat.
The LS is not considered fullsize. Towncar, Continental...yes. The LS has very moderate rear legroom.

Yep; the LS is officially classified as a midsize sedan, at least according to my '06's window sticker.

Fla02LS said:
Black padded vinyl seat protector...whatever its called. Barely notice its there. Also great for spills which are bound to happen.

I just had this happen to me.....Do you remeber where you bought it? Will the leather ever go back to normal or is there a way to fix the lines...

Thanks

Dave

DMcBrideBoston said:
I just had this happen to me.....Do you remeber where you bought it? Will the leather ever go back to normal or is there a way to fix the lines...

Thanks

Dave
If i am not mistaking i bought it at Walmart, back in the baby/infant department. I am in Florida so it gets plenty warm, but while the leather is warm you can repeatedly use some good quality conditioner and it will retain its shape over time. Maybe not if its really really bad. I use Lexol products.

mholhut said:
Continental is full sized? I thought it was built on the Taurus platform.
Yeah the Conti was a full sized vehicle. Bigger specs anyway. I thought the LS shared the platform with the Taurus?

The older Conti shared the platform with the Taurus, I think the newer ones also. The LS is a different platform which is shared with Jaguar S-type and Ford T-bird.

Fla02LS said:
Yeah the Conti was a full sized vehicle. Bigger specs anyway. I thought the LS shared the platform with the Taurus?

HyeLifeLS said:
The older Conti shared the platform with the Taurus, I think the newer ones also. The LS is a different platform which is shared with Jaguar S-type and Ford T-bird.
Platform...Shmatform :) The deminsions are bigger on then Conti that the LS, more interior room too. I'd think the Conti was a fullsize. Speaking of "old" Lincolns, i noticed that the last years 97-98 Mark VIII are pretty cheap. How reliable were those 4.6 engines and tranny's. Most now have anywhere from 60-100k miles on them. That seems like a nice cheeper car to have as a second ride.

I have 2 kids that are 6 and 4 and this is my 2nd LS. When they were little and in car seats I put a towel under each seat to not ruin the leather in any way and I also made sure that I had the car seats that had the latch attachments to the back of the rear top part of the seat. I liked the car for this,but the only problem I'm running into now is that with them being out of the car seats and in booster seats there legs are sticking farther out in front of them, thus preventing me getting really comfortable in pushing my seat back. That's why I might be looking for a bigger car or SUV to haul them around and myself comfortably. JUST MAKE SURE YOU PUT THAT CAR SEAT IN THE CORRECT WAY. I put my knee on the seat with all my weight then snapped the buckle in and them 2 didn't move at all. If they move from side to side then they aren't installed correctly. Once awhile out here they will have baby seat check ups at some functions, I'm sure that they have that elsewhere, check it out and they will tell you if it's installed correctly. My kids safety always comes first and we don't leave anywhere till they are BUCKLED UP.

Members online

No members online now.
Back