Piece of front body fell off...

MarkVa1

LVC Member
Reaction score
This was a little interesting, a piece of the front fender/grill fell off my 01 LS V8... I didn't even hear it happen but noticed it was gone the other day. I searched the local junk yards with no luck... Any ideas on how to get a replacement for it? front.jpg

thanks

Mark.

front.jpg

This was a little interesting, a piece of the front fender/grill fell off my 01 LS V8... I didn't even hear it happen but noticed it was gone the other day. I searched the local junk yards with no luck... Any ideas on how to get a replacement for it? View attachment 828470363

thanks

Mark.

Those are as rare as unicorns; if not rarer!! Your only real choice is to wait and see if one shows up at a junk yard (they should be able to do a nationwide search for a tow hook cover) or get a non-sport bumper. If you opt for the bumper you'll have to deal with the chrome strip that won't match the rear bumper (unless you replace them both); should that bother you.

just wondering if anyone knows, was there a hook that is supposed to thread into the nut behind there or what exactly is the tow point.

Last edited:
just wondering if anyone knows, was there a hook that is supposed to thread into the nut behind there or what exactly is the two point.

I think the tow truck is supposed to have the hook. I don't remember seeing them as an option....

ebay... or someone parting out.... check the parts thread (most likely stolen though)

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

~ tow hook cover molded into bumper cover.

^ This way, it'll never come out again. They tend to pop out when the front end either bottoms out or scrapes on something.

I had mine pop out once and it was hanging by the two black plastic straps, lucky I didn't loose the cover itself that day.

There should be an eye behind the cover. It's been so long since I had mine off that I somewhat forget the details.

KS

Well, guess I'll keep my eyes open and hope to find a replacement.... Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'll build that CNC Machine I've been wanting and cut my own!

Why does only the Sport have this? Are we just more likely to end up in a ditch? Anyway, there's nothing that's clearly a tow hook behind mine.

Why does only the Sport have this? Are we just more likely to end up in a ditch? Anyway, there's nothing that's clearly a tow hook behind mine.

Required for European sales.

Just like the "empty" block heater plug in, with the "special" $125 cable found in the trunk. (I have one of those for sale btw)

Just like the "empty" block heater plug in, with the "special" $125 cable found in the trunk. (I have one of those for sale btw)

Is that the large ~15pin plug on the passenger shock tower that's just capped off?

Is that the large ~15pin plug on the passenger shock tower that's just capped off?

I have a plug on the driver side I think it may be 8 pin, could be mistaken. It's capped off. In the 5.5 years of ownership, I have never once seen anything about it.

I have a plug on the driver side I think it may be 8 pin, could be mistaken. It's capped off. In the 5.5 years of ownership, I have never once seen anything about it.

For cars with block heaters, there is a plug in the lower grill. It requires a special cord to connect to an outlet.

BigRig is pointing out that the plug is non-standard, so you have to buy a cord from Ford before you can plug the car into an outlet. I have the same cord floating in my spare tire well, but I didn't know it at first. I did find examples of people who created their own cords, but I don't remember where it was.

Members online

Back