Plane Terror Plot Thwarted

biglou71 said:
On 9-11 I saw the footage of Muslims cheering and partying in the streets of Arab cities.

You didn't have to watch foreign news agencies to have seen the cheering, Muslims were cheering in America.

And poneyhexed, it was Jim Jones with the Flavor-Aid poisoning. But that again was a isolated cult and they killed each other; they didn't yell "Jesus is greatest!" (or Buddha, Brahman, Krishna etc.) and then proceed to blow themselves up along with innocent bystanders on a monthly basis.

Sorry not billion. I had done the conversion from barrels to gallons for curiosity and the GALLONS where in the billions. I replied a little to quick. My mistake...

Yes I agree I was really horrified when I had seen those guys dancing in the streets. The governments where actually sending in troops to stop them from doing that. They did want the U.S there. That was part I thought was funny.
The U.S news only showed the people before the troops came in.
But the BBC showed the troop coming to stop them. That is interesting in itself. Guess that is a whole different discussion.
The Koran at its core is about peace. Monks started it and it grew from there. They are truly bringers or preachers of peace and harmony.

Maybe I am not explaining myself . Like the ten commandments that is the core of Christianity. Now one will denied that. The Koran is the same.
BUT, For the people who change it suit themselves that is different. It is a small group of people you hear about all the time.
Like for instance a cop being bad or on the take. It is a small group or a few not all of them. I have met some really good guys and I have met some real A-Holes. It is like that in all walks of life.
To me the difference between Moslems militants / extremists and people like koreash are not much different. I look at them as far the danger level. Not what they are preaching. Preaching to change someone mind and get them to fallow you. To inspire and to do horrible things.
Could we list Patton in that category?? Just a thought. It just makes you wonder or at the leased I wonder about things like that. Where is the line.
That might be to deep to think about. It is like two native American Indians sitting in the desert talking about life and happiness and then out of no where wondering where sun glasses go when they are lost. You just have to laugh.
anyway, People who think the world is at its end. Death destruction and mayhem. Fear in large groups is one of the most dangerous things. I do know if you have ever witnessed it first hand but, is it is really scary. I made a joke to lighten the situation and people took it for truth and became more afraid and angry. It took me a while to try and explain but, then know one would be believe me. Scary. I will never do that again .

I wanted to learn more about our enemy. What drives them and where it all went wrong. i am not defending the militants or the dullards who have been taught and brain washed all there lives the U.S is evil. Don’t get me wrong. Anyone with intelligence from the Arab countries left years ago in fear from these idiots.
Allot of religion at there is core is about peace and harmony. But, the people who twist things around are the ones to worry about.

ThankS 95devilleNS !!! 10 Bonus points for you bother !!!

And poneyhexed, it was Jim Jones with the Flavor-Aid poisoning. But that again was a isolated cult and they killed each other; they didn't yell "For the Glory of Jesus" (or any other religious figure) and then proceed to blow themselves up along with innocent bystanders.

I completly agree with you. Just an example of an extream cult. Now for the scary part. What if he did want to do blow people up??

poneyhexed said:
The Koran at its core is about peace. Monks started it and it grew from there. They are truly bringers or preachers of peace and harmony.
MONKS? Sword wielding, terrorist, murdering monks who rode across the region converting people under the threat of death?

Maybe I am not explaining myself . Like the ten commandments that is the core of Christianity. Now one will denied that. The Koran is the same.
BUT, For the people who change it suit themselves that is different. It is a small group of people you hear about all the time.
And the question I ask is- Where can I see it being applied peacefully? Which Islamic theocracy isn't involved in a war right now, denies basic human rights to it's people, dehumanizes women, ect. Find one.

Like for instance a cop being bad or on the take. It is a small group or a few not all of them. I have met some really good guys and I have met some real A-Holes. It is like that in all walks of life.
To me the difference between Moslems militants / extremists and people like koreash are not much different. I look at them as far the danger level. Not what they are preaching. Preaching to change someone mind and get them to fallow you. To inspire and to do horrible things.
The Branch Davidians were literally a handful of nuts living in Waco, Texas. The only correllation you should draw between Davidians and Islam is that they are both CULTS.

What you're failing to ackowledge is that the "mainstream" of Islam is dangerous, it's the fringe that isn't.

Could we list Patton in that category?? Just a thought. It just makes you wonder or at the leased I wonder about things like that. Where is the line.
Patton was a great American hero.

Allot of religion at there is core is about peace and harmony. But, the people who twist things around are the ones to worry about.
People keep making this claim, despite the inability to actually find examples of Islam living in peace and harmony anywhere in the world.

95DevilleNS said:
In the last few months, I've been debating and posting on boards that feature an international member population. I've come to the conclusion, people simply hate America and are willing to apologize and make excuses for terrorist who deliberately target civilians (especially children) if said apologies & excuses make America 'evil' by comparison. I'm seriously starting to lean towards the "Kill em all, let God sort them out." mentality; even if I am agnostic.

:I

Calabrio said:
And the question I ask is- Where can I see it being applied peacefully? Which Islamic theocracy isn't involved in a war right now, denies basic human rights to it's people, dehumanizes women, ect. Find one.

Absolutely, precisely brilliant.

Members online

No members online now.
Back