Playing Chicken at The Toll Booth

pepperman

The Real Deal
Reaction score
:eek2:

111269.jpg

Idiots, so many stupid people in the world, and now there are two more, who drive a Nissan and a Honda.:Bang

that would have been more interesting with a lincoln and cadillac....lol
but it's always cool to see ricers get crushed... I was just waiting to see the Toyota ram them in the back...:N

I'm no accident reconstruction expert, but I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the driver of the Nissan didn't see the Honda, because s/he was either not paying attention, or because of the Hondas' dark color blending in with the dark surroundings made it difficult to observe.

Looking at that picture reminded me of an incident that happened to me back in 1971 on my first roaad trip to California from the east coast.
Me and my partner were moving from Boston to Los Angeles in the late fall of 1971.
We were traveling in a 65 Dodge wagon, towing a 65 Tbird with a tow bar.
The wagon was packed to the gills, and just clothes in the Tbird.
All went well until we reached Dallas.
A rear wheel bearing went out on the wagon.
I was fortunate in where we stopped.
There was an auto parts shop two blocks away.
They pressed on a new bearing and soon I had it all back together,and we were on our way.
Traveling on the dfw turnpike, about 15 minutes later, the rearend began to vibrate badly, to the point I felt I had better exit the highway.
As those of you who live in the area know, the Dalls FortWorth turnpike is a toll road.
I decided to take the next available exit.
That exit was in the shape of a cloverleaf with an incline which leveled out just before the toll booth.
I exited at about thiry or thirty five mph and when I applied the brakes to slow down, "NOTHING".
No brakes, no emergency brake, "NOTHING".
Here we are, going down an incline, towing a Tbird behind us, the toll booth 100 yards ahead, and a car stopped at the booth paying the toll.
I thought to shut the ignition off which slowed us down a bit, but I was sure the car at the booth , as well as ours, would be toast.
I started to lay on the horn and about twenty feet from the booth, the car that was in front of us pulled away.
We sailed right through the booth and stopped about 50 feet from the booth.
The toll booth guy came running out to see what happened.
I exited the wagon and noticed both rear wheel were smoking and leaking fluid like a seive.
The rearend was fried.
With not much money with us, It was a case of leaving the wagon on the turnpike and continuing on to LA in the thunderbird.
The toll booth guy bought the wagon on the spot for $150.00
We packed what we could into the tbird and left the rest in the wagon.
That was the scariest thing I have ever experienced while driving in my entire life.
Bob.

I never thought that I would have seen something like that at a toll booth, but now I have. My only question is how did they get out of the car???

Members online

No members online now.
Back