• It is a pretty reliable car

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • It is not too much of a reliable car, or it is not a reliable car

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

andy3090

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i want to ask you a question, now please be honest with your answer. I am thinking og getting my self an 03+ lincoln ls for my first car. I like this car because it is pretty fast stock( for the v8 version which i am getting), and it is a sick looking car. The only thing holding me back is that am a little un-sure of the reliability. I have read n some places that this car is good even till 100k miles+, but i have read in other places that it is good until like 40k miles. So i want to know you guy's car is chugging along. Please just tell me how many miles you guys have, what year it is, and if you guys have had any problems. If it is good news, it will be appreciated, if it is bad news it would also be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Andy

you said you were getting an 03+, so are you looking at an 03' or is it an 05-06. You are a lucky kid if this is your first car. I don't have high mileage on my 05, only 25k, but I would say get a newer model at a low price that has a warranty on it. All cars are going to have mechanical problems at some time or another. Get a low mileage newer LS with a warranty. I bet you'll get plenty of miles for your cost and most problems would be covered on the warranty. I have seen people post on this board with 100k, even 200k. I love my LS, it's the best car I've had so far. Good luck with your decision. =)

All cars have their problems. The LS is no different. Some parts on this car are expensive should they go, but like I said, that's to be expected with any make and model out there.

My car has been great in the little over a year that I've had it. *knocks on wood*

Welcome aboard, too.

I don't have a gen 2, but my 01 V8 has 114,000 miles on it and still running strong. I love owning and driving this car. That being said, I've replaced all the ignition coils and all the injectors to keep it running like new. Now, thats not cheap, but the price for parts (i do my own work, so thats saved a bunch of money on labor) for this car and the headaches it causes is outweighed by the joy of driving it. Oh, and it is such a beautiful car all washed and waxed.

:L :dancefool

I have a 2000 V8 Sport with 115,000 miles. I love my LS, when it breaks I fix it, never had any serious problems, just the usual wear items and a clockspring. I am one of the lucky ones who got all my issues taken care of under warranty. I never even have the coil problems most people talk about.

My experience with the LS (I'm on my 2nd) is that it has been a reliable car. If you buy a higher-mileage car or if you beat on it at the stoplight drags you're more likely to have problems, but that's going to be true of any car.

thanks so much guys for your inputs so far, please keep it coming.

to answer 05'LSRN's question, i am going to get a lincoln from 03 or an early year.

thanks again guys

Like stated above, all cars have problems, you won't find a perfect car, The only thing I replaced with my car was a few coils with 70k. 2000 LS, other than that, I love it. You should get it, you won't regret it, unless you beat the sh!t out of it, prepare yourself for some parts i guess.

If you treat the car with respect (oil changes, full tuneup,wash it :)) It will do the same to you.

.... Atleast that worked for me with EVERY single one of my cars. :shifty: :shifty:

Get the 03; they don't have the issues with the window regulators or hydraulic fan going out which the 02's have. The 03 could have valve cover gasket leaks and need the coil on plug units replaced. BUT, the factory just extended the warranty to 100k mi on those parts. I have an 03 with 83k miles on the clock; I got it in December of 06, have only had to replace the valve cover gaskets and a throttle position sensor (and a few odds and ends that are maintenance, or neglected items from the previous owner). And I've put quite a few miles on this thing too! I imagine she'll hit 100k this summer.

It's a good car, like all vehicles... it isn't perfect. But I've had no problems I'd call serious (although some people might call valve cover gasket replacement which would run in the $600 rang serious... it really is not, and I did it myself for about $80 in parts).

2000 LS V8....Window regulators, and replacing coils, a/c intermittently blowing incorrect temp out of one side or the other, head unit illumination issues. 94k miles. No other issues.

50k miles 2004... ive had the navi unit replaced cuz cd player broke, coil replaced, rear window replaced becuz of defroster issue. all covered under waraanty so i guess i cant complain... all this within 3,000 miles of each other. bad start to me owning this car but i still love it mines a 6 tho

Treat it correctly and any car will last a long while. I had a 91 Jimmy with 240k on the odometer and my LS is sitting at 136k now, 00 v6.

2001 LS- 140,000 miles.

replaced window regulators several times, coils, ball joint, starter are the things outside of normal wear and tear stuff. These are just off the top of my head.

2000 LS V8....Window regulators, and replacing coils, a/c intermittently blowing incorrect temp out of one side or the other, head unit illumination issues. 94k miles. No other issues.
Plus I've driven mine countless times on 12 hr+ interstate trips.. Never been stuck on the side of the interstate either. I consider it pretty reliable since you can still get pretty far even if a coil decides to crap out on you.

thank you all so far for your, help, it looks lilke i will after all be getting an ls ;), hopefully if my parents let me :rolleyes:

2000 LSv8, 105,000 mi. Auxillary pump went out, but thats about it. Just as with any used car you buy, its all about that particular car. You could buy one that never has any problems, or one thats a lemon. Just do a really good inspection and run a crafax and you should be fine. I definitelyb think the LS is worth it. Where else can you find the caliber of car for an equivalent amount of cost? The horrible depreciation is a used car buyers best friend.

my car is 149K and it runs like if it was 0k and mine is a 2000 so im guessing that if its an 03+ then its newer and fewer mileage but definetly you should get it. also you should think about if you want a car to pimp or to race because with this car you dont have that much options

My 02 V8 has 71k on it and is one of the most dependable cars I have owned. The REM module, clock spring, and valve cover gaskets were replaced under warranty. I replaced 2 failed coil on plugs.

I have a 02 V6 and only trhis weekend had to do the PCV tube replacement. My car has 100k+ on it.So Id say its really reliable.

You know i think the new cadillac commercial said it best.....
"WHEN YOU TURN ON YOUR CAR, DOES IT RETURN THE FAVOR?"
with my ls, i would have to say IT DOES!!!

Members online

Back