Po153??

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
OK, my son's Mark has a P0153 code, Oxygen Sensor low response Bank 2. Now, I can simply change the O2 sensor on bank 2, but before we pay to have it done what are some other options to get the response back up? Now, a little bit of history on the build of this car. The exhaust on this car is from my old 98 Black on Black LSC that caught fire. Before that, I didn't have any check engine lights at all. The exhaust sat a outside while the engine was being built. The intake is also from my old car. I am thinking of running some Seafoam through the intake. Think this would help?

You've put an exhaust system, from a car that was on fire, including the O2 sensor...and you're wondering why there's a problem?

And you've taken the complete dash out of a mark..yet you'll pay someone else to change your O2 sensor... Man you perplex me sometimes

You've put an exhaust system, from a car that was on fire, including the O2 sensor...and you're wondering why there's a problem?

And you've taken the complete dash out of a mark..yet you'll pay someone else to change your O2 sensor... Man you perplex me sometimes

LOL, well, you know, we are kind of in a hurry. Taking this bad boy with me all the way to Lemoore, CA. Texas is most of my travel and i'm not trying to get pulled over because of my inspection. Although, once i do leave the state, i'm home free until its time to come back. :rolleyes:

O2s go bad and get slow and need to be replaced. Just replace it. Car will perform better and get better mileage.

That sig pic can GTFO.

And it sounds like it's an old ass O2 sensor that, like James Taylor, has seen fire AND rain. Just replace it.

Gman..make sure the car is cool.. You'll need an O2 socket...takes about 5 minutes for the swap, now get your butt under there and fix it..you should know better than to use old O2 sensors anyway

36555b22.jpg

That sig pic can GTFO.

whoa. it is a big one.

And it sounds like it's an old ass O2 sensor that, like James Taylor, has seen fire AND rain. Just replace it.

+1

Gman..make sure the car is cool.. You'll need an O2 socket...takes about 5 minutes for the swap, now get your butt under there and fix it..you should know better than to use old O2 sensors anyway

i dropped the exhaust on my gen 1 for the 2 fronts and was done in under 30.

36555b22.jpg

That was an oversight on my part. I replaced everything else and totally forgot about the o2's. I had the exhaust sitting on the side of the shop for six months. At any rate, the O2's were seized on, wasn't coming out. Not to mention the passenger side exhaust manifold flange stud broke off. So weld job was needed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back