• I don't have one and don't want one

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • I don't have one but would like to

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters

micahs97m8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Somebody asked this question and now i'm curious. If you have a moonroof, do you use it. If you don't have one, do you wish you did?

I use mine but I only drove my car maybe 200 miles , but hey I still use it.

Yep I use it... usually just in the vent position but every once in awhile i'll open it up all the way and have the "brains blown"

No moonroof.

I never use them and I don't like them - I think they're more hassle than they're worth.

I use mine all the time, I have the front two windows down and the sunroof open.

Dont have one, wish I did. I would use it in the vent position most of the time but on nice days it would be all the way open.

I have one the BEST times to use it are at night and early morning, like 5-6 am just when the sun is just coming up. AWESOME.

During the day i keep it closed and the cover closed so the inside of the car stays dark. Very rarely do i open it during the day and if i do its only a little bit or vent position.... thats why its a moonroof.

I spent a year looking for my gen 2 black/black low mileage lsc with all options including moonroof...I couldnt imagine not having it...

Dont have one, wish I did. I would use it in the vent position most of the time but on nice days it would be all the way open.

how tall are you?
At a little over 6 foot tall my head hits the trim for the moonroof unless I move my seat all the way to the low position.
Ball cap on in the car? Forget it.

my 95 didn't have a moonroof and my head never touched the headliner unlike my 98 moonroof car which aggravates me on a regular basis..haha

you might want to "test fit" one before you "wish too much"

ever since my first car with moonroof a cant own anything without (truck aside) then again maybe cause im a smoker but either way i always use it and always makes a car look better/sleeker with it vented

What ive owned since sunroof/moonroof lover
85 mustang gt well t-top car 5.0
90 cougar mx brougham 3.8
95 mark viii dir
94 mark viii dir
96 T bird 4.6
00 Xploder 4.0

you should add another option. you have a sun/moon roof but its broken

+1

lol, mines broken and have it in the vent position all the time.......when it worked i used to drive with windows down, moonroof open

now id like one in every car, feels weird driving a car and i cant see up lol

ever since my first car with moonroof a cant own anything without (truck aside) then again maybe cause im a smoker but either way i always use it and always makes a car look better/sleeker with it vented

Yup, I am a smoker too and it helps keep the smell down as the smoke flows out it easier. The other thing is ya cant smoke if its drizzeling out cause any water one the windshield flows into the car with the window even cracked. :(

The other thing is ya cant smoke if its drizzeling out cause any water one the windshield flows into the car with the window even cracked. :(

That one really annoys the hell out of me. Lincoln in no way considered the smoker in rainy weather. You just barely crack it and water comes all in on the window switches so it's no smoking for me when it's raining out.

As for the moon roof, I would give mine away to someone if they could fill the hole in. The black slider stays shut to keep it dark inside and cool. I hate having a wind storm in my car at 60 to 80 mph. I prefer the air conditioner and quietness when going down the HWY. I don't use my ashtrays in the car so I would never use it for venting smoke. I hold it close to the window while it's cracked so that it is constantly being vented out while moving. The moon roof works 100% and doesn't leak so no problems there. I simply just do not use it.

A car smelling like smoke is one thing but an ashtray not cool

Mine doesn't either, but then again there's a distinct difference between cigar and cigarette smoke. To me the smell of the leather and cigar merge to a mostly pleasant smell. Then one of my buddies gets in and then it smells like a juke joint.

both 94's have it.....the 95 doesn't....that part of the reason why my bro got the 95 and I didn't, no moonroof....i didn't want it.....when i bought my 94, a cold nov night on the way home......heat cranked up and moonroof open!!

Moonroof all the way, I love the look and vent of the moonroof, miss having one.

Honestly... I love it wide open even in a torrential downpour.. if you go fast enough the air bubbles over the car due to great airodynamics of the car and I never get wet! neat seeing the rain flowing over the roof at 80 :headbang: :headbang:

And since I spend most of the time going to and from work the kids arent in the back seat so I never have a complaint about being wet back there...

Honestly... I love it wide open even in a torrential downpour.. if you go fast enough the air bubbles over the car due to great airodynamics of the car and I never get wet! neat seeing the rain flowing over the roof at 80 :headbang: :headbang:

And since I spend most of the time going to and from work the kids arent in the back seat so I never have a complaint about being wet back there...

I will be trying this, very soon!

Members online

No members online now.
Back