Possible new wheels.

Missing Linc'

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So Im thinking of picking these up, they are 2 piece BBS wheels for Jags, 18x8 all around. I want to dump my 20's in the worst way possible, I might scrap them.

BBS RIMS.jpg

So Im thinking of picking these up, they are 2 piece BBS wheels for Jags, 18x8 all around. I want to dump my 20's in the worst way possible, I might scrap them.

Why you wanna get rid of the 20's so bad? Are 20's a bad idea for the LS & causes problems?

They are bad if you want to go fast.

You've got me thinking I may not go with 20's even though I'm getting a real good deal on some new ones. I was going 18's & started to lean towards the 20's but maybe not. What issues do they cause?

Well, it's a "in most cases" type of scenario. You want as light or lighter than the factory setup. The less unsprung weight, the more power can be put towards going forward instead of turning heavy ass wheels. Generally 20's are heavier. Some are lighter. That's why I envy the dude who picked up those 17 pound OZ ultraleggeras.

I can really notice a difference between my fondmetals (HEAVY) and my stock 5 spokes.

Well, it's a "in most cases" type of scenario. You want as light or lighter than the factory setup. The less unsprung weight, the more power can be put towards going forward instead of turning heavy ass wheels. Generally 20's are heavier. Some are lighter. That's why I envy the dude who picked up those 17 pound OZ ultraleggeras.

I can really notice a difference between my fondmetals (HEAVY) and my stock 5 spokes.

What's considered heavy for a 20? I believe these wheels are 25 pounds each.

What's considered heavy for a 20? I believe these wheels are 25 pounds each.

I've never weighed the stock wheels. But I was a little inaccurate in my post above.

The heavier wheel is detrimental in regards to rotational force/inertia. This will make your car slower. The fact of higher unsprung weight means more stress on suspension components.

Those are very nice. Will look really nice with 20mm spacers and a lowered car. Im just sayin....

I've never weighed the stock wheels. But I was a little inaccurate in my post above.

The heavier wheel is detrimental in regards to rotational force/inertia. This will make your car slower. The fact of higher unsprung weight means more stress on suspension components.

So it's probably safe to just go with 18's & call it a day then?

Weight is more important than diameter. If I remember, I will put one of my stock wheels on a scale when I get home tonight. My fondmetals with tire weigh in at 65 pounds.

Honestly though, 25 pounds of wheel is light compared to my 19's.

Weight is more important than diameter. If I remember, I will put one of my stock wheels on a scale when I get home tonight. My fondmetals with tire weigh in at 65 pounds.

Honestly though, 25 pounds of wheel is light compared to my 19's.

IIRC, the stock 17" tire/wheel combo weighs in at around 50#. The stock 16 incher is around 38#, IIRC.

Those are very nice. Will look really nice with 20mm spacers and a lowered car. Im just sayin....

They sure would. I need at least $400 more tho so that I can get tires with them. I only have 2 16inch 5 spokes with tires and my set of 20's.

They sure would. I need at least $400 more tho so that I can get tires with them. I only have 2 16inch 5 spokes with tires and my set of 20's.

Sounds like you know how much to sell your 20's for.

The lightest they are is 35 pounds without tire (just checked amazon, and my tires weigh 27 pounds each). Yeah, they are HEAVY.

I like them. To bad they aren't 19's or they would be even better

Members online

No members online now.
Back