Power Window Motor Issue?

Spartan

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, So I've had an issue recently with my front driver side window not operating correctly. It was stuck in the fully closed position and given the issues with the regulators on this vehicle I thought that would be a good place to start. I replaced the regulator and to my dismay that did not fix the issue. I was able to roll the window back up after replacing the regulator but I can not get it to roll down. With further inspection the switch has continuity in both the up and down directions. I can hear the relay switching when I press the switch up but nothing when I press it down. Is this an issue with the window motor or with the circuit board attached to the switch or possibly the driver door module?

As a side note the vehicle is equipped with the powercode remote start system (that has been inoperable since I purchased the car) there are a few auxiliary wires going into the door but I believe that is for the automatic window down feature. Also I got the ford techs to pull the keyless entry code a while ago but they couldn't get it to work. I believe they said it may have been because of the door module but I do not recall for sure.

Thanks for the help!

there are a few auxiliary wires going into the door but I believe that is for the automatic window down feature.

any remote start, alarm or keyless entry system needs to interface with two wires in the door at the drivers door module. they are the lock and unlock wires coming from the doors key cylinder. the unlock wire will disarm the factory alarm the first time its pulsed, unlock the doors the second time its pulsed and will roll down the windows if triggered and held. the lock wire will lock the doors and arm the factory alarm system with a pulse and will roll the windows up when triggered and held.

... Is this an issue with the window motor or with the circuit board attached to the switch or possibly the driver door module?...

Really need to know the generation of your LS to be able to give an intelligent answer. If you know the model year, post that. If you don't, is your 3rd brake light at the top or the bottom of your rear window?

Really need to know the generation of your LS to be able to give an intelligent answer. If you know the model year, post that. If you don't, is your 3rd brake light at the top or the bottom of your rear window?

Oops, thought I had that in there. It's a gen 2 v8.

Everything's built into the motor in the case of a gen 2 front window.

Members online

No members online now.
Back