Price Estimates or Suggestions

adrenalinejunkie

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well un fortunally i have to sell the LS because I had to drop a motor in it an a new tranny and I can't afford to keep it. I was wondering if you guys could help give me some estimates on what I should ask for it. Thanks

2000 Lincoln LS V8 Sport Edition Silver Frost

Body has 130000 miles on it and only has a few rock chips on the front bumper but no big dents. Paint is in good condition.

A used motor was installed at 133000 miles and has around 40000 miles on the engine.

It has a brand new transmission with under 100 miles on it.

New Kuhmo Esxta Asx Ultra High Preformance tires with 95% of tread left on them.

New Water Pump

Raditor was sent to a shop and "refurbished" at 133000 miles.

New Lug Nuts

Suggestions?

I'm confused... How many miles? 173,000? Whatever it is, its a lot of miles on a real old LS. The new tires, water pump, trans, etc. are really irrelevant, but the new lug nuts add a ton of value. I'd say $7K at best.

No dude.... I'd price that at $5000.00. Please go to KBB.com and use that as a starting price. How many miles was on the "used motor" when it was dropped in?

the car has 133000 miles on it but the engine only has 40000 miles on it. transmission has 0 miles on it.

If the body has 130,000 miles, how could an engine be installed at 133,000 miles as you said in your first post?

adrenalinejunkie said:
Sorry the body has 133,000 miles.

OK, just to be clear, the body has 133K miles, and the engine has 40K miles, so the whole car has 173K miles, but the transmission has 0 miles. :D

I'm revising my price. $3,000. Sorry dude, good luck unloading the old girl.

Wow, Bad luck, The motor going ... and the trans too.

I just traded my 2001 300M on my 2006 LS.
I too had good tires (Probably 90%), 500 miles on a new water pump, timeing belt and tensioners.
Only 106,000 and I had to bargin pritty hard to get $7,000 trade.
Yours is probably worth half that, $3,500 max if the paint is Very good, the interior is very good and it's well optioned out.
I know compairing a 300M to an LS is apples to oranges but my 300M was car of the year when new and out tested the LS.
Best wishes on off loading it. Clean it up and offer for private sale.

133000 miles on the body and 40000 on the motor. so tell me why u add those two together and say the car has 173000? that makes no sense. neither the body of the vehicle or the engine has gone 173000 miles.

Wow TODDG is real confused. Ok heres the break down. The car, a 200 lincoln LS has 133000 miles on the body. Which means the odometer has 133000 on it. At around 133000 miles the owner went out and had to replace the engine. He found a USED engine that already had 40000 miles on it. He then placed that motor in his car. So you dont add the 133000 and 40000 together. He also just put a new tranny in it too that has 0 miles on it.

I hope that clears it up for the ones having trouble following this. I would say tops 5k and thats if the car is flawless.

itsnotmydaddys said:
Wow TODDG is real confused. Ok heres the break down. The car, a 200 lincoln LS has 133000 miles on the body. Which means the odometer has 133000 on it. At around 133000 miles the owner went out and had to replace the engine. He found a USED engine that already had 40000 miles on it. He then placed that motor in his car. So you dont add the 133000 and 40000 together. He also just put a new tranny in it too that has 0 miles on it.

I hope that clears it up for the ones having trouble following this. I would say tops 5k and thats if the car is flawless.

I know all that. I just like making ridiculous posts to see how people respond.

Hey, how about getting into the Christmas spirit and donate the old beater to charity. You could get a tax write-off.

Might as well just keep it. How come you cant afford it? Really the question should be, how can you afford to sell it? If I put a new motor and tranny, you better believe Im going to drive that car until the wheels fall off.

decibels5 said:
Might as well just keep it. How come you cant afford it? Really the question should be, how can you afford to sell it? If I put a new motor and tranny, you better believe Im going to drive that car until the wheels fall off.

hell yea now that is thinking on a higher level. i would say the same though. maybe u shoulda just sold the body and axles with no motor or tranny

Members online

No members online now.
Back