Problem solved PO171-174

Boomerang

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello
here's the broke hose picture.
If someone has a po-171-po174 do not change air intake casket, do not change o2 sensor like me :) and don't spend your money :(

just change the this stupid hose :)

Finally my car works great before it was shaking, and some times stopping but right know it's working great.

maybe this picture can help to someone ...

you guys have a good day.

:V :wave

hose.jpg

Which hose is this and what year car do you have? V6 or V8? Thanks

Boomerang said:
Hello
If someone has a po-171-po174 do not change air intake casket, do not change o2 sensor like me :) and don't spend your money :(

Finally my car works great before it was shaking, and some times stopping but right know it's working great.

I have changed this elbow tube for the PCV valve on my 00 v6, and the manifold gaskets. The cars runs a LOT better, but I still have the PO174 error code and a CEL. :Bang

Quik,

I did replace that rubber elbow on the PCV valve. In this thread, there was a statement that there was another rubber elbow on the system. I wanted to know where that one was located.

Boomerang said:
Hello

Yeah i went through this with my 00v6 about 6 to 9 monthsago wha a oain in the azz that waz. yikes.

I even paid a sho their diag fee and all they could do was guess at parts.

jahomes said:
Quik,

I did replace that rubber elbow on the PCV valve. In this thread, there was a statement that there was another rubber elbow on the system. I wanted to know where that one was located.

It is behind the engine on the passenger side of the vehicle. it actually has two smaller hoes that feed into it one of the is a line from the egr. The lines tend to get brittle.

It will be a lot easier to work with that tube and that area in general if you remove the sway bar and plastic covering. The wipers have to be removed but my experience has been a lot better with that stuff removed.

ok, here it is.

If you still get the code then you must replace the pvc hose under the lower intake manifold. This is a design defect, rubber will rot under the extreme heat. The cost of hose $10 the repair at dealer $400. I took mine to the dealer and complained to Ford and NHTSA. Their response was too bad for you! This has happened to many LS owners. Mine is 01 V6. There is more info available on the forum.

i reported mine to the nhtsa as well. I am still baffled why fomoco has not been forced to issue a recall on this. I am sure we are not isolated cases and I was nearly hit by large suvs on more than one occasion becasue the car stalled out at a traffic light.

eL eS said:
i reported mine to the nhtsa as well. I am still baffled why fomoco has not been forced to issue a recall on this. I am sure we are not isolated cases and I was nearly hit by large suvs on more than one occasion becasue the car stalled out at a traffic light.

reported it also to nhtsa odd thing that we got it at the same time

rubber part near a engine how stupid is ford motor company

eL eS

Thanks for the advice, didn't replace anything but after i replaced the valve cover gaskets, I only connect one of the two tubes you referred to. CEL is off and caris running good!

Anyone have the part numbers for these hoses and did you get them from the dealership? I have to replace my PCV valve so I might as well take care of these hoses. Codes popped up a couple days ago shortly after I filled up on some new gas. I think it's the gas though.

Part Number

BatMobile said:
Anybody know part numbers or where to get these tubes from???
Hey guys, nobody ever responded to this post last year. But, this is a significant enough problem for LS owners that the part number needs to be on the forum. When I saw that doggone shriveled hose it looked ridiculous. So, for all those who get the "Lean in Both Banks" here is the part#:

3W4Z-6767-CA

The wife's V6 Taurus went sour and codes were telling us that it was the O2 sensor. Changed out the O2 censors and NADA, Zilch,..... ill running car remained. Sounded like a vaccum leak under the hood so did the touchy feely thing and by chance found the leak. New hose.....much better.

BatMobile said:
Hey guys, nobody ever responded to this post last year. But, this is a significant enough problem for LS owners that the part number needs to be on the forum. When I saw that doggone shriveled hose it looked ridiculous. So, for all those who get the "Lean in Both Banks" here is the part#:

3W4Z-6767-CA

so this tube works for both of the tubes that should be replaced described in the thread??
1) the rubber elbow that connects to the PCV tube
2) rubber elbow "behind the engine on the passenger side of the vehicle. it actually has two smaller hoes that feed into it one of the is a line from the egr. The lines tend to get brittle."

jumpman6235 said:
so this tube works for both of the tubes that should be replaced described in the thread??
1) the rubber elbow that connects to the PCV tube
2) rubber elbow "behind the engine on the passenger side of the vehicle. it actually has two smaller hoes that feed into it one of the is a line from the egr. The lines tend to get brittle."
I'm not sure which hose you are referring to. I looked at the others and they looked fine. If you are talking about the one in the picture, it's not the same size. I have to go to the dealer later on to pick up some ordered parts. I can ask them then.

000_0338b.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back