Problem solved PO171-174

BatMobile said:
I'm not sure which hose you are referring to. I looked at the others and they looked fine. If you are talking about the one in the picture, it's not the same size. I have to go to the dealer later on to pick up some ordered parts. I can ask them then.

im not so sure myself, i just got that info from post #3 and #13 in this thread.. maybe it is the one in that pic? ... but in a couple weeks Eli is going to help me replace the PCV tube and rubber elbows, so i guess i should buy both elbows just in case i need it... so yea if you could get the part # that would be great, thanks

From what you described about the tubes, I think that's the hose you're referring to. Unfortunately, I forgot to get the part number since I rushing to get in and out or the rain. That tube is not as big of a task to get to as the pcv valve one. As far as that other picture, I thought it looked pretty normal as well. But, just because of that comment, I spent the extra time clearing as much as that residue as I could off of those areas on my car. I also went ahead and changed the upper and lower intake gaskets.

I'm having the same problem. I have a V8 2002. Disconnected the MAF and car runs better. Replaced the MAF
problem back. Does the V8 have the hoses like the V6.

Not in the same locations...check all your vacuum lines and fittings. Especially those PIA connectors.

oldhead said:
I'm having the same problem. I have a V8 2002. Disconnected the MAF and car runs better. Replaced the MAF
problem back. Does the V8 have the hoses like the V6.
Well, I know that the V8 doesn't have the first hose pictured. The first one is for the pcv valve and the V8's don't have pcv valves apparently.

The V8 has hoses that run from the valve covers to the intake, but there is no PCV. On the left side of the motor, the hose is in the front and connects to the intake tube just after the MAF. On the right side, the hose runs from the valve cover to the throttle body.

If your car is stumbling because of the MAF, then you'll need a new MAF. IF you're running a K&N style air filter that uses oil, you may want to check the wires in the MAF to see if they aren't gunked up. Be very careful to clean them if they are.

Found the problem. Loose hose on the Pass. side near the front of the valve cover. Thank for the help.
Gene

my car lincoln 2000 ls monday engine light is on code is po174 please help me

Members online

No members online now.
Back