progress on the system

BAD97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
well speaker box is done, facia panel is done, capret is layed on and subs are screwed in. all that is left is wire the box internally, get some velcro for the face panel and make some mounts to keep it secure in the trunk. i wasnt going to, but i think i am going to continue in the trunk and make a false floor. my trunk carpet is nasty and has holes in it from the old nitrous bottle so i think i will make an entire false floor. but here is the box.
subbox004.jpg

subbox003.jpg

subbox002.jpg

subbox001.jpg

Looks nice. Simple, tasteful and functional.

I am planning on doing something similar with my trunk except with one powerful 12" sub instead of two 10" subs. All amps, crossovers, etc would be hidden behind that panel.

What were the measurements of the carpeted panel you made?

i have decided i am going to continue cleaning up the trunk, i just ordered 3 more yards of the grey carpet, and i am going to finish off the trunk with a raised false floor so i wont see the spare tire cover or crappy carpet anymore. i will sell the factory 10 stack too since it works perfect.

i decided last night, i thought what can i do, the trunk is already useless anyway, so i am gonna go full blown in it, this will be the most i ever did as far as a system goes, and i'll be doing all of it myself. the only crazy stereo i ever had was in my 95 bagged silverado, i spent 3,500 on a system in that truck and had Boomer McCloud's in massachusetts do the entire thing. i am capable of doing this with ease, just never had the patience or the will to do it, but i'm gonna on this car. i'm even gonna have hidden led's inside the trunk to display it all. my friend bob has a military laser he can etch anything on glass, metal, plastic, i am thinking i am going to have him etch a lincoln emblem in a piece of lexan and light the sides of the lexan with led's, this will react just like fiberoptics, it wont light up the lexan but it will light the laser scribes of the lincoln emblem. its hard to explain, i will just post progress pics!

Looks good Jamie. I'm coming after you lol.I know what you mean about the lexan being etched and only the etching showing the light from the LED's.

I'm going to have my blue LED's in the trunk again but instead of 44 hidden, it will be 88 of them and they will only come on when opening the trunk but without the white light being in. Look on ebay and get you some W0 grilles for JL's. They're not that high but they look good and are made for those subs.

Members online

Back