Puddle Lights Conversion LED Done :)

dblockg

LVC Member
Reaction score
I found this project to be a little frustrating, just manly the dremel part lol. As everyone here has said, the puddle light is a sealed light, the easiest method i found was to use a dremel to cut around to get to the light. One part i will note is the two ends on the sealed beam that connect to the car i would leave uncut, had to learn the hard way so trust me, its easier to cut around and than pry open slowly with a small flathead. I actually used some leds i purchased from ebay here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0597569461&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT which have some pretty decent output for the price. I also instead of using the lens that was on the sealed beam, went to walmart, purchased some cheap throw away flashlights and used the lens off of those for a better and clearer output of the led. Its farely easy to trace around the lens with the original and than cut away with the dremel. Used some automotive clear apoxy to seal it back up and works like a charm :) Hope this helps anyone in need :)

Albuquerque-20110214-00088.jpg

Albuquerque-20110214-00089.jpg

Albuquerque-20110214-00090.jpg

Albuquerque-20110214-00093.jpg

IMG-20110214-00086.jpg

IMG-20110214-00036.jpg

it looks brighter, but is it actually better than the OEM at making things more visible. it looks like its brighter, but the light doesnt seem to go as far.

It kind of looks like the LED's are pointed more at the door. Those lights are supposed to help you while driving? How?

^ Gotcha... it does look like they are not pointing at the ground though, possibly the angle of the picture.

I think its the angle because you can clearly see the ground in the first shot.

It kind of looks like the LED's are pointed more at the door. Those lights are supposed to help you while driving? How?

They wouldn't be on while you drive. They're for when you're outside of the car. Just like interior lights come on when you turn off your alarm so you can see what's going on inside, these come on to give you some visibility around the vehicle as you're approaching it to get in.

They wouldn't be on while you drive. They're for when you're outside of the car. Just like interior lights come on when you turn off your alarm so you can see what's going on inside, these come on to give you some visibility around the vehicle as you're approaching it to get in.

Yea I know, it was a dumbfk question :p

I wanna see someone retrofit an HID kit in there....LOL.

Thats a good idea with the lenses. But i have to agree with the other posters, it looks like it is angeled towarss the door panel and not thw ground.

it looks like it but its not, its just my camera sucks so didnt take a good enough pic. Ill take another here in a few and show what it looks like

Here are some more, i think they look great. i dont think the camera can catch them right due to not being able to use flash and taking a picture so far away at night imo.

IMG-20110214-00096.jpg

IMG-20110214-00094.jpg

Oh ya that looks better you can see the ground perfectly. Nice work

Members online

Back