Question About 2002 Lincoln LS Purchase

Kamikaze

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I went to a dealership today and got approved for a 2002 LS. The car is pretty much mines but I got apprehensive when I truly thought about the mileage which is at 82,448.

I talked the dealer into giving me the car for $12,000 with a 3 year bumper to bumper (all mechanicals covered except spark plugs, tires, and etc.) warranty.

Does this sound like a smart/good deal to all you LS owners? The mileage is pretty high but with the warranty do you think I should be safe? I want to get this car ASAP so any help would be appreciated!

v6? v8? Options? Condition?

I guess that sounds reasonable if it is a real bumper-to-bumper warranty.

What was their original price? Do they have any maintanence records for the car? Any record of repairs they've done?
I would think an 02 V6 with that many miles should be about a grand less. But it all depends on what the dealership has in the car. (what they've spent money on fixing, and their cost to aquire the car)

What was their original price? Do they have any maintanence records for the car? Any record of repairs they've done?
I would think an 02 V6 with that many miles should be about a grand less. But it all depends on what the dealership has in the car. (what they've spent money on fixing, and their cost to aquire the car)

Well it has 2000 dollar aftermarket rims on it so I guess that evens it out. I'ma check the carfax when I go back.

I paid $10000 CAN for my 2001 LS V8 Sport with about the same miles, in great condition and all options about 2 months ago.

Ok I went to a dealership today and got approved for a 2002 LS. The car is pretty much mines but I got apprehensive when I truly thought about the mileage which is at 82,448.

I talked the dealer into giving me the car for $12,000 with a 3 year bumper to bumper (all mechanicals covered except spark plugs, tires, and etc.) warranty.

Does this sound like a smart/good deal to all you LS owners? The mileage is pretty high but with the warranty do you think I should be safe? I want to get this car ASAP so any help would be appreciated!

I am not sure about the price, but slap that salesman if he used the words "bumper to bumper" . I work in a service dept and I am fed up with saleman telling that to customers, it is deceiving. Just realize aftermarket warranty companies have a lot of uncovered items and stipulations. The ford ESP is about the best for warranty if thats what they are giving you. And even at that there are diff levels of coverage.
Some aftermarket warranty companies even have a set amount labor rate per hour they will cover. I get it all the time, the company will only pay up to 85 and hour and our labor rate is $128 an hour, so the customer is responsible for the difference, you can imagine how happy the customer is when I am the one to make them aware of this.

Members online

No members online now.
Back