Question about Air Ride

BlackKarmaMKVIII

LVC Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a air release switch or valve or whatever on a 1994 Mark VIII that will let out air from the rear bags? Or a way I get let air out of the system to lower the car?

If you are looking to lower the car, you can sensor lower it. There is one sensor in the rear & two in the front. It is pretty easy to do. Like Frogman said, you can search for it. Just look for (sensor lowered)

Apparently, his vent solenoid might be stuck. (in his pics, the car is high and the ass is right up in the air)

I don't know much about air ride, but couldn't he just turn off the switch in the trunk, then disconnect the air pipes at the solenoids and then manually apply 12 V to each until he's happy with the height? (just as a temporary fix)

Edit: With some jack support, of course! Lol.

Cool. Well, if that works then i would do this:

Use a jack under one side, set it about an inch lower, put 12 V to release some air until the car touches the jack, pull out, go to other side and do same thing until car is at desired height all around.

Afterwards, pull out the tape measure and measure from center of fender lip to top of wheel each side. Sounds time consuming, i know! Lol.

just take the air compressor out and get a reman'd unit so your car sits the way it should. your vent solenoid is most likely seized and thats why your car looks like a 4x4.

Good idea. I think I'll just do it the easy way and get a new compressor. It'll last until Spring and then I can get the coil conversion kit and just to that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back