Question for those of you that have experience with 15 inch subs...

I am running from memory but I think the 1200 is 2X20 amp blade and the 2000 is 4X20. They might be 25 amp, but I cant remember. I also cannot be sure that the sub is in perceft working condition because I got it used. I have the other one of the pair and I will try that this weekend.

Ok.. i can tell u from the 1200 with it only having 2 20 amps its not pushing no where near 1200. 500 at most.

And as far as the 2000.. if its really a 2000 watt amp the fuses shuld reflect that.. just divide 2000 by 12 and see if ur fuses add up to the number. u shuld be around 166 amps with a 2000 watt amp.

I will try that. Why is this a problem? I am asking because I do not know. I have a Rockford comp 10 in my mustang that I always had a similar problem with (long ago) and I wired it the same way. Maybe thats my problem. Each channel does use the same exact input. My deck's sub output is mono and I am using a mono to dual RCA adaptor. Please tell me that I am making some DVC rookie mistake.

Because ur splitting the signal in two.. thats why i asked if the amp was bridged.. bridge the amp and run it directly to the sub.. ull get the whole 600 watts that way.

I will check the fuses tomorow. With a mono bass output and a 2ch amp am I doing the right thing by using the splitter? I experimented with some bass tones and it seems like the sony deck I am using filters out the lower frequencys on the stereo outputs. I will get back to this when I can at work tomorow. I really hope that I am doing something stupid and that it can be fixed! You guys are helping a lot thanks!!

I will check the fuses tomorow. With a mono bass output and a 2ch amp am I doing the right thing by using the splitter? I experimented with some bass tones and it seems like the sony deck I am using filters out the lower frequencys on the stereo outputs. I will get back to this when I can at work tomorow. I really hope that I am doing something stupid and that it can be fixed! You guys are helping a lot thanks!!

Mono output for subs?? :eek: yes thats a problem also. Ur only getting half the signal.. i see that u said ur using a spitter but all that is doing is splitting the one signal into two. You would have a stronger and fuller sound with stereo outputs. How old is this deck man?? :cool:

Didn't I just say that?! :D

Yep...:p

OP: PLEASE give us full specs on all your AV equipment in your LS.

From the pieces it seems that your deck may not be suitable for the sub/amp configuration that you have. Can you run the single RCA to a single input? Some amps allow a single input or a combined A & B channel.

Yep...:p

OP: PLEASE give us full specs on all your AV equipment in your LS.

+1

From the pieces it seems that your deck may not be suitable for the sub/amp configuration that you have.

I was thinking that also..

Can you run the single RCA to a single input? Some amps allow a single input or a combined A & B channel.

Sounds like he's running a single rca output into a y splitter to duplicate the signal to 2 channels. I doubt he has the option of running a single input into the amp and it generating 2 signals.. My guess is thats the reason he's using the splitter.

It was more of a joke.. We are both going up the pole.. And not many people can do that..

Yeah, were professional pole climbers who don't work for tips.... I checked those fused on the 1200 is it 3x25 amp blades.

I double checked the specs for my amp. It is a AP1200 600X1 bridged @ 4 OHM. I will do like you guys suggested and wire it to 4ohm 600X1.

I double checked the specs for my amp. It is a AP1200 600X1 bridged @ 4 OHM. I will do like you guys suggested and wire it to 4ohm 600X1.

Cool.. You need to make a short jumper from black to red on the other vc, then the two coming from the amp will hook up normally..

Usually you take the neg on one channel and the pos on the other but check first.. ;) That's all I know.. :cool:

OK I have the sub wired correctly now and I am bridged 4 Ohm load. This does seem to have helped some. Also I got the rear deck brake light to stop rattling. I apreciate all the input and I have learned a lot. I think that the 15 inch sub is not what I need tor the type of music I listen to. I will give it a couple of weekd to get broken in. The friend who gave it to me said that he only gave them a few days of use before he took them out.

break that sub in properly with some bass tracks.

I have another CVR 15 because my friend gave me a pair and I am only using 1. I might want to sell/trade both of them. I at least want to get this one broken in first.

Lol.. Kinda made a stupid post.. Like mine was 100 new and yours was like 350 new.. Hit me up though.. I would think about buying one of them..

If that one 15 isn't hitting harder than those two 12s then you have a problem. I assume you have an aftermarket head unit that puts out a good enough signal. Hmmm, I have one 15 and it beats harder than anyone with two 12s, in a sealed box, that I have heard. The box can make a big difference. Is yours sealed or ported?

If that one 15 isn't hitting harder than those two 12s then you have a problem. I assume you have an aftermarket head unit that puts out a good enough signal. Hmmm, I have one 15 and it beats harder than anyone with two 12s, in a sealed box, that I have heard. The box can make a big difference. Is yours sealed or ported?

It kills on a narrow range. I had to do something with the rear brake light that never rattled before. The problem is that most music I listen to has bass above 60hz, and with the 15 it does not put out alot above 60hz. It does kill though on the lower tange.

Yeah, I have been considering that. The newer infinity kappas only need 1cu ft of airspace.

Members online

No members online now.
Back