Questions 4 my ls

big T

LVC Member
Reaction score
have a few questions, i want to clear out my turn signals how can i do that . also would like to change my rims have the 17s with the sport pack would 20s affect the handling of the car . seen a rear wrap-a-round spoiler for the ls but cant find the web site has anyone else seen this? and what cheap performance mods can be made while waiting to put the magnaflow exhaust on my ls.

You basically have to bake the headlights. search the forum for fogged headlights or the word bake and you find the instruction. You might try www.lskoncepts.com the owner is a trusted member of LvC and does offer some body kits. About the cheapest performance enhancement you can find is to replace your air filter with a cone. There are some very good discussions on that topic as well.

Welcome to LvC!

1. Clear Headlights ---- Take out your entire headlight, you'll have to remove the top grill guard and the bottom grill guard (including the ambient sensor) to get to a set of screws for the headlights... Take off the wiring harness.. There are 3 metal clips on the bottom of the headlight. TAKE THOSE OFF!!.. Pre-heat oven 275.. Put in for NO MORE than 8-10 minutes... Start to pry apart at the high beam corner

2. 20's As far as I know there is only 1 other person who has 20's on his LS....You'll have to do a search.. but I think that rubbing is a BIG problem for him.

3. Wrap around leadlights---- kgie1217 is your hookup.. www.lskoncepts.com...

4. Cheap mods Cone filter.. You can buy one w/ a billet adapter to mount onto the stock MAF from http://www.llsoc.com/V2R1/CyberMerchant_public/Scripts/default.asp

But in my own opinion.. It's not that hard just DIY yourself an adapter from a trip to Home Depot.. Save you some $$$

I have 20"s you still have great suspension only difference is you feel the road a lot more and driving over potholes and such don't feel too nice. I have no rubbing problems at all.

www.lskoncepts.com is probably the only functional site/store devoted to the lincoln ls besides www.llsoc.com which is a community forum. The website is ran by Greyghost1, a very reputible person who contributes greatly to this forum.

Most people have the wings west spoilers on their cars which IMO look kinda funny but still give the rear end a little more definition. I personally think that this spoiler would look nice but i have yet to see a car with it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7957673877&category=33638&sspagename=WDVW

There are no 'cheap' mods for this car but you can get nice intake system from www.llsoc.com

You have the magniflow exhaust system aswell as others for exhaust.

You can flash your PCM to get ~15-20 HP with SCT-Xcallibrator http://www.fordpartsnetwork.com/sct1-X.html.

Have to make sure you have the olders style headlights before you attempt to clear your corners. Make sure the clear part and the black plastic part are bonded together with a grey colored glue, if its black then you won't be able to clear them out very easily and if you do then you will be one of the first.

good luck

adrian, I apologize.. I thought the 20's did give a problem w/ rubbing.. My Fault :)

As for the intake, it would probably be CHEAPER to get the filter before the $400 tube

thanks for the advise

thanks for the good advise guys. I will try the clear corners this spring.As for the 20s im thinking of going with a 18 or 19 with a wider rim at the rear,this should give it a nice aggresive look.I also looked at the cars in the fourm garage and all the rides are tight! I hope to have some more mod done to mine soon. I have one more question. I had been using 89 octane gas notice at hard acceration at about 80 or so it kinda hold back if i start back using 93 will this alone reverse the problem. :Bang But anyway thanks for the feed back.

great info

Thanks i will be tring this soon as it warms up. ur ride looks good with the clear turns. will look for that wrap-a-round rear spoiler on the sites u provided
LBK_LS said:
1. Clear Headlights ---- Take out your entire headlight, you'll have to remove the top grill guard and the bottom grill guard (including the ambient sensor) to get to a set of screws for the headlights... Take off the wiring harness.. There are 3 metal clips on the bottom of the headlight. TAKE THOSE OFF!!.. Pre-heat oven 275.. Put in for NO MORE than 8-10 minutes... Start to pry apart at the high beam corner

2. 20's As far as I know there is only 1 other person who has 20's on his LS....You'll have to do a search.. but I think that rubbing is a BIG problem for him.

3. Wrap around leadlights---- kgie1217 is your hookup.. www.lskoncepts.com...

4. Cheap mods Cone filter.. You can buy one w/ a billet adapter to mount onto the stock MAF from http://www.llsoc.com/V2R1/CyberMerchant_public/Scripts/default.asp

But in my own opinion.. It's not that hard just DIY yourself an adapter from a trip to Home Depot.. Save you some $$$

so ur car handles and corners the same? I thought with the height of the car going up it would affect the handling. would like to c a picture of ur ride do u think it woud be a good look with the wider rims on the rear like the BMWs
whatsupadrian said:
I have 20"s you still have great suspension only difference is you feel the road a lot more and driving over potholes and such don't feel too nice. I have no rubbing problems at all.

www.lskoncepts.com is probably the only functional site/store devoted to the lincoln ls besides www.llsoc.com which is a community forum. The website is ran by Greyghost1, a very reputible person who contributes greatly to this forum.

Most people have the wings west spoilers on their cars which IMO look kinda funny but still give the rear end a little more definition. I personally think that this spoiler would look nice but i have yet to see a car with it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7957673877&category=33638&sspagename=WDVW

There are no 'cheap' mods for this car but you can get nice intake system from www.llsoc.com

You have the magniflow exhaust system aswell as others for exhaust.

You can flash your PCM to get ~15-20 HP with SCT-Xcallibrator http://www.fordpartsnetwork.com/sct1-X.html.

Have to make sure you have the olders style headlights before you attempt to clear your corners. Make sure the clear part and the black plastic part are bonded together with a grey colored glue, if its black then you won't be able to clear them out very easily and if you do then you will be one of the first.

good luck

The wrap around spoiler is a Wings West item. I'm a Wings West dealer but they are shut down due to a corporate buyout. They are suppose to be up and running in March. After that I'll have them back in stock. Here's a picture of one:

wwmerged.jpg

As for the clear corners and side marker lenses, I am working with a company that should have me product by mid-late March. They are currently in production. Also, I'm working with them to offer the sider marker lenses in a smoke color for those dark color cars. In late April I'll be introducing clear and smoke color tail light lenses. I've come some cool stuff coming to market this year.

still not it

I looked at the photo of the wings west car and thats not the spoiler either. I seen this spoiler on some web site and cant figure out what it is. If i could describe it for u i would. Seen the pics of ur car :bow: Its off the chain ! The 18s look good and now u have me ready to put 18s instead of 20s on mine but the only thing is i would put a wider tire on the rear. and by the way thanks again :Beer

big T said:
I looked at the photo of the wings west car and thats not the spoiler either. I seen this spoiler on some web site and cant figure out what it is. If i could describe it for u i would. Seen the pics of ur car :bow: Its off the chain ! The 18s look good and now u have me ready to put 18s instead of 20s on mine but the only thing is i would put a wider tire on the rear. and by the way thanks again :Beer

Both my front and rear tires are 8.5 inches wide, thats probably the maximum because the LS has a FWD offset and any more and they would stick out the side of your car. Because of the lug pattern and offset there isn't a great selection of wheels for the LS. I got ice metal wheel which i think is the same company as lexani, because i liked the way it looked on my car and i have never seen anyone with them. My second choice would have been a wheel from Zinik, the Z15 Verona. Heres a pic of my car on 20"s.
CAR5.jpg

I like the way ur car looks my ls is the same color since i cant go with a wider rim i will go with a wider tire at the rear. thanks for the info on the wheels. I might go with a 18 or 19.
whatsupadrian said:
Both my front and rear tires are 8.5 inches wide, thats probably the maximum because the LS has a FWD offset and any more and they would stick out the side of your car. Because of the lug pattern and offset there isn't a great selection of wheels for the LS. I got ice metal wheel which i think is the same company as lexani, because i liked the way it looked on my car and i have never seen anyone with them. My second choice would have been a wheel from Zinik, the Z15 Verona. Heres a pic of my car on 20"s.
CAR5.jpg

thanks

thats a very good article i think after reading that i will go with the 18s thanks again

Members online

No members online now.
Back