Questions about DVD Navigation system.

ElGatoBlanco

LVC Member
Reaction score
Currently my 05 3.0 does not have one, it has a very generic looking cd player with tape deck (people still owned cassette tapes in 2005?). I have seen the OEM DVD 6-cd Navi systems on ebay for about $450. Is that a good price for one? Ebay is the only place I've found them so I have no where else to compare prices to. Are these units any good or are they as prone to trouble as the rest of the car? Would the unit be a simple swap with the current factory cd player with no need for additional parts? Is the cd changer located internally or will it require mounting a separate changer box elsewhere in the car? Lastly, does it have an aux input for ipod/iphone connection and a port for hooking up an external amp for a subwoofer?

I'm not typing it out again.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?64644-Nav-system

The CD changer (it is in the head unit behind the motorized screen) is really bad about jamming.
There is no aux input, but that can be added for another $100 or so.
There is a sub output.

Thanks for the link. Searching "navigation DVD cd changer etc. did not give me that result. Looks like it is not worth it. I was told at Best Buy that none of their head units with Nav will fit the LS without "cutting out a bigger hole in the console" and that they do not sell a mounting kit for it so it would "not be perfect". I was looking at the center console trying to figure out what the hell they were talking about. It looks plenty big to me. I just don't want a cheap looking jury-rigged install. Have to look somewhere else I guess.

I was told at Best Buy that none of their head units with Nav will fit the LS without "cutting out a bigger hole in the console"
no that guy was way wrong, there is nothing to cut. it fits in fine.

and that they do not sell a mounting kit for it so it would "not be perfect".
again he was way wrong, they sell it, they just dont carry it in stock, it needs to be special ordered.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...c=All+Categories&ks=960&saas=saas&st=95-5000s

or depending on what year your your LS is
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Metra+-...8105186719&skuId=9437273&st=95-5000&cp=1&lp=2

i would call back and ask to talk to their "lead" if he gives you the same BS (or that was the guy you talked to) then you will need to find a different place ou have your LS worked on...

I would tell that guy that he is a shame to AutoTechs everywhere and that he should have to turn in his crimpers and have his patches removed :shifty:

OEM doesn't hold a candle to aftermarket nav... $5-$600 will buy you a pretty decent unit these days..

Check out ebay... no lie just found a refurbed kenwood excelon nav for 60% of retail. And yes that install tech needs to be sent back for remedial if thats his attitude on an install. This isnt that hard.

Members online

No members online now.
Back