Questions pertaining engine and suspension

mad_max

LVC Member
Reaction score
So, we got this wrecked 94 Mark VIII for really cheap and decided to use the car as a donor for a classic mustang project. We are taking out the entire drivetrain to install in the mustang but have a couple questions on the suspension. Are the front and rear suspension setups just bolted on to the framerails? As far as we can see from the research it looks that way (we've never done an SN95 swap so this is a first).

Also, I've been told it's easiest to pull out the engine from under the car since you can take off the whole suspension with it. Anyone have any pictures of this being done or any ideas of how it is done?

Lastly! -sly look- Any mods we can do to the computer to trick it so we can take off all that emissions junk? We would prefer a nice, clean 4.6 in the nice and clean mustang.

RIP to the Mark VIII btw.

Front Air Bags 3 bolts on top one on the bottom.

Take the clip off the solenoid turn the selinoid to let the air out.. take out the selinoid and take off the front air bag.

Rear Do the same with the solenoid. Twist and remove. Its that easy.

Please come back with pics as you progress. I am very interested in this project.

So, we got this wrecked 94 Mark VIII for really cheap and decided to use the car as a donor for a classic mustang project. We are taking out the entire drivetrain to install in the mustang but have a couple questions on the suspension. Are the front and rear suspension setups just bolted on to the framerails? As far as we can see from the research it looks that way (we've never done an SN95 swap so this is a first).

Also, I've been told it's easiest to pull out the engine from under the car since you can take off the whole suspension with it. Anyone have any pictures of this being done or any ideas of how it is done?

Lastly! -sly look- Any mods we can do to the computer to trick it so we can take off all that emissions junk? We would prefer a nice, clean 4.6 in the nice and clean mustang.

RIP to the Mark VIII btw.

Front Air Bags 3 bolts on top one on the bottom.

Take the clip off the solenoid turn the selinoid to let the air out.. take out the selinoid and take off the front air bag.

Rear Do the same with the solenoid. Twist and remove. Its that easy.

Sorry, I meant the whole suspension assembly.

And yes, we're taking extensive pictures, no one has really done this much.

u said 'classic' mustang then mentioned the SN95......me lost....... :confused:

SN95 and FN10 suspension are completly different, not even the Cobra IRS resembles the FN10 IRS.......but yes, the front and rear have subframes bolted up to the unibody.

About the computer, a chip would do it..........

The Mark VIII drivetrain has been transplanted to many vehicles but seldom the suspension. The rear IRS is not compatible with the Mustang nor would the front, but you could use a tubular Mustang K member in the front. Their has been custom rods built using the suspension and other components, but it was very custom.

It all depends how much time and money you have.

I was out surfing junkyard a while back, came to this one that was pretty clean and had a lot of nice cars in it, higher end stuff. The yard onwer was working on an old Mach 1 Mustang. I walk up to the car and notice a small hole cut in the hood. All you could see was a little snake.

So just to clear up the confusion, we're taking out the lincoln suspension and bolting it to the 72 mustang. We measured quite a bit and it looks like it all fits nicely, but thats just initial measurements.

Someone misinformed me and told me the car was an sn95 base, so thats where I got that idea from.

So where does one go for the computer chips?

Members online

No members online now.
Back