quick exhaust question

cfischr

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i'm having my buddy put headers on my car, problem is the guy doing the rest of the exhaust is about 20 min. away. do you think i'll have any problems driving the car there with just open headers, besides maybe being pulled over for loud exhaust?

Nah. Done it. Its is loud, but its MUCH louder during acceleration. I drove from one city to another. Best to keep at constant speeds and avoid city streets. Once up to speed its more of a loud drone sound. I actually LOVED the sound of it! LOL

Of course, if you get a ticket done blame me!

Your car might get pissed if the O2's aren't mounted in the headers for some reason, but otherwise no harm.

if you can put the O2s in the headers youll have no problems other than a check engine light for downstream O2s (if 96+) and possibly being pulled over.

When I first got my mark I had to drive it with open exhaust manifolds for about 200 miles. not the greatest thing, but sounded nice, and more people look at you and smile.

alright, thanks guys. i'll try to get some video or sound clips when i do it and see if i can figure out how to post it. thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back