QUICK! Should I buy this LS ??

Pining4Parchment said:
Such good stuff. Thanks guys. I'll pour over the changes Ghost posted. I see a couple of 02 models posted on eBay listed as "Ivory Pearl." I'm guessing they mean the "Ivory Parchment Tri-Coat", or has someone heard of Ivory Pearl as well?

10/21/02 "..SST now allows 1st gear starts in SST mode.."

SST? I think I remember in 2000 the cars would not start off of the line in 1st gear. So if I read above correctly, they changed this on the 2003 model? If so, why the following from Ghost's list..
"..Sep 01 - RPM of 1st to 2nd gear upshift is increased.."

Is there a way to get into first gear for a fast start on a 2000 or 2002?
I have a 2000 and I can start in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear.

Thanks captain, very generous. I'm going to take a break looking for now. How much does the unlimited car fax cost?

Ref: Hollywood.. I'm actually Canadian. Whenever I sign up for something that asks me to input a zip code I just use the only one I know. 90210. Was a big fan... *gag*. But I will fly to Florida to scoop an Ivory 2002 at the right price!

Pining4Parchment said:
Thanks captain, very generous. I'm going to take a break looking for now. How much does the unlimited car fax cost?

Ref: Hollywood.. I'm actually Canadian. Whenever I sign up for something that asks me to input a zip code I just use the only one I know. 90210. Was a big fan... *gag*. But I will fly to Florida to scoop an Ivory 2002 at the right price!

A good deal, just $20-something. Feel free to send your requests. But note that carfax doesn't record accidents which the police weren't contacted or for accidents < $3000.

i bought my 2000 in july of 2004 it had 28900 miles and i paid 17000 out the door. i do love the car.

Pining4Parchment said:
... But I will fly to Florida to scoop an Ivory 2002 at the right price!

How about to Dallas ?

My daughter will consider selling her well maintained 2002 Ivory Parchment to a good home:)

$19,000 (less than she owes)
60,500 miles
2002 Lincoln LS V8 Auto Sport
Bright Chrome Lincoln wheels
6 disc in dash cd changer
etc.. etc..

Even the Borla Dual Exhaust that retails for about $800...
new tires, brakes, etc... - she is meticulous about her car...

Ford Extended Warranty - Premium Plan
I think it's the 100,000 mile one.

All in all, the car is in great condition, it's just her pocket book that needs fine tuning. :)

Your daughter definatly has my ideal car, and lives in an ideal climate. Any chance she'd put it in storage for 2 years until it depreciated down to the $12'000 range. I thought not. I'd love to see photos of it tho. I need a new screen saver. Thanks anyway.
-Dan
:GotPics:

Well Parchment, my carfax account just ran out, but I still have a 60 day account with experian auto check, which is a similar service to carfax. Let me know if you need a carfax; it's just a waste if no one uses it!

Pining4Parchment said:
Your daughter definatly has my ideal car, and lives in an ideal climate. Any chance she'd put it in storage for 2 years until it depreciated down to the $12'000 range. I thought not. I'd love to see photos of it tho. I need a new screen saver. Thanks anyway.
-Dan
:GotPics:

Here are some pics of my Ivory Parchment Metalic LS. Not sure if these will work for you but I thought I would share them with you. The one with the hood up is when I had my cylinder head replaced. Enjoy!

DSC02022[1].jpg

DSC02127[1].jpg

DSC02128[1].jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back