Radiator overflow Tank ? DeGas Bottle ? COP's etc.

Lincoln Pony Car

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I was just wondering a few things. I just found this and it looks good to me. And it's 1/2 the price of Ford part ? I know you guys keep saying go OEM all the way. But 10 yr Warranty ? Must be pretty good. Ive also seen COP's Band New for $60.00 Bucks or so for 8 and also with a long Warranty. If they damage your Cats they should have to Pay NO ?

1.) http://www.am-autoparts.com/Lincoln/LS/RadiatorOverflowBottles/AM- 11537168/364756.html

Product Details

Part Number: AM-11537168

Specifications:

Direct replacement for originals that are cracked or broken
Replaces dealer part numbers: 5W4Z 8A080 AA, 5W4Z8A080AA
Strengthened and redesigned in the vulnerable areas of failure
Plastic construction

Commonly called Coolant Overflow Tank or Reservoir by Ford & Lincoln
Cap included
10 Year Warranty

Effective June 23, 2014: This item is backed by a 10 Year Warranty. In the event this item should fail due to manufacturing defects during intended use, we will replace the part free of charge (excludes shipping charges) for the original purchaser.

This part replaces:
OE #: 5W4Z 8A080 AA
DORMAN #: 603-207
HOLLANDER #: 671-00203

ok, now into the meat and potatoes...

I just found this and it looks good to me. And it's 1/2 the price of Ford part ?

what are you basing that off of, words of text that the marketing guys from that company told the website guys to write(every company says that they make the best quality parts, few are correct)? or are you making that judgement from looking at the pictures on the internet (im sure the doorman bottle looks like it would work great )

I know you guys keep saying go OEM all the way.
there is a good reason people keep saying that... but go ahead and try it, you might be that one person that wins and actually finds a better product for half the price.

But 10 yr Warranty ? Must be pretty good.

by that logic, kia's are awesome cars...

a great man once said "Here's the way I see it, guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside. They know all they sold you was a guaranteed piece of sh!t. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time."

9 out of 10 people will never find the paperwork or remember three years from now when that thing fails where they got it from... thats the beauty of long term warranties, a lot of the time warranties are never claimed. and they don't care about the few that do, they are just going to send out another cheap one that will probably fail too.

good brands don't need super long warranties... good parts last, most failures due to manufacturing defects, do occur early on and well within the warranty period.

Ive also seen COP's Band New for $60.00 Bucks or so for 8 and also with a long Warranty.

if you have even bother to read one thing on this website, you would understand how utterly stupid that comment is. this horse has been beat so many times its just sickening now. please, if you truly want to get help, just follow what every other single thread about coils has said... bring up the same old stuff will just keep the people that can actually offer you help from even trying. the A team (and the B team also) have already discussed this many times and probably won't weigh in on it. you really don't want the third string giving you half ass parroted back information do you?(trust me, you don't)

to put is simply and honestly, do you think that it is worth destroying a $1600 (or more) piece of equipment?

If they damage your Cats they should have to Pay NO ?

good luck on that... and actually, if their coils cooked your cats, then its clearly your fault because you drove the car knowing it had misfires(if you didn't notice, then you shouldn't be driving the car) and dumping fuel right into the cats and fuel burning inside of catalytic converters destroys them... they would say that you should have stopped driving it as soon as you noticed the misfire, then sent them in the defective coils to be covered under warranty(and they would be absolutely right in saying that).

thats the same as saying ford should have to pay your legal bills because you killed someone driving their car drunk...

if you have even bother to read one thing on this website, you would understand how utterly stupid that comment is. this horse has been beat so many times its just sickening now. please, if you truly want to get help, just follow what every other single thread about coils has said... bring up the same old stuff will just keep the people that can actually offer you help from even trying. the A team (and the B team also) have already discussed this many times and probably won't weigh in on it. you really don't want the third string giving you half ass parroted back information do you?(trust me, you don't)

I know I'm pretty tired of the new coil (no, my problem isn't the same [yet it is] so I'll start yet another thread and clog the search results even more) and overheating (see above) threads. A simple search will explain everything, including how marginal/failing coils will mimic transmission shift issues.

Anymore I just ignore them......

That was an amazing response video, loved it!

To the OP, change the coils with Motorcraft coils. I might also add, every repair procedure on the LS begins with change the coils and plugs.

To repair a paint chip in the hood from a rock:
1. Change coils and plugs.
2. Sand down the chipped area...

To change a flat tire:
2. Open the trunk. Remove the cover over the spare...

To clean the windshield:
2. Locate paper towels and vinegar.

Coils and plugs on the LS: words cannot describe how bad they are...

Anymore I just ignore them......

the problem with that is a day goes by without anybody posting and sooner or later they are going to start another new thread, linking to the older new thread asking again... lol

words cannot describe how bad they are...

numbers cannot quantify how much worse this issue is with no name, bootleg coils bought randomly off the internet.

also another thought on getting a coil warrantied out from one of these "deals"

if you have a coil go bad, it will most likely fail in a way where it may work 90-95% of the time (or even more) the company is not going to exchange a full 8 coils out, they are going to make you have them tested. the proper stress test cost more than just replacing the coils in the first place.

friends dont let friends buy **** parts drunk!

WHAT THE
censored.gif
, did I buy on eBay last night?

To repair a paint chip in the hood from a rock:
2. Sand down the chipped area...

What about bigger fonts, have we tried that yet?

Maybe from now on the first response post to these threads should be a link to the most relevant, definitive, past thread. That should at least mitigate the trail of tears where each new thread links to the last "inconclusive" thread, creating a misfire millipede. Or a sway bar bushing centipede.

I get it. The more threads on the same topic, the harder it is to get to the good threads.

Someone hit the nail on the head in the LS design flaws thread, I think. Paraphrased, "The problem is people want to be told yes, the $60 eBay coils are fine to use and will continue asking about them as long as the OEMs cost as much as they do"

Members online

No members online now.
Back