Radio, Speakers

ladenblowfish

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, right after I got my mark I had a aftermarket cd player installed in my mark by a shop down the street. They told me nobody made a amp bypass so they would have to run speaker wire from the amp in the trunk to the cd player.:confused: Is this true? Also they said they couldn't wire up my two lower door speakers. Never really gave me an answer why. My car has the JBL option. I know I might have got screwed by em but was running all that wire up front really necessary? If there is a adapter I can use so I don't have to have any wires running up front from the trunk, where can I buy it and if anyone has a part # that would be wonderful! :D Thanks!

100_1602.jpg

best buy? Its just a amp bypass? Does it require you to run speaker wire from the rear to the front? Will the lower door speakers work?

laden they sell a harness that wires to the in dash unit the other end plugs directly to factory wiring harness be sure to tell them its jbl or not they make both any company that professionaly installs should be able to get it . neodon

Wiring the door speakers is not that difficult. I had no prior experience when I did mine.

Yeah it's actually really easy to wire this car up... I added a new stereo all new speakers, two amps and a sub... all new monster 12 gauge ran through out... but if you need an amp bypass harness I have one for a 97... don't know if it's different for different years... I ordered my stereo through crutchfield and didn't need it... if you want it you can have it just for the shipping charges

I bought the wiring harness for the head unit and wired it up no problem. But when I turned on the radio, it only played through one front speaker and one rear speaker. So thats when I took the car the stereo shop up the street and they said they would have to install an amp bypass harness on the amp. So then they hooked up the amp bypass then no speakers played. Then they said they would have to run new speaker wire from the amp to the head unit. Is that right or is it BS? Now all speakers play execpt the lower speakers in the doors. I know I have the right wiring harness for the headunit. What could my problem be? I check with crunchfield but no harness is available for my 93.:mad:

From what they told me... the harness I got just goes straight to the speakers... so they should just work with out all these extra wires... the harness runs from the stereo speaker wires and fits into the wiring harness after the amp... the reason I rewired mine was cause of the weird way they come wired from the factory... the mid's are wired together and the tweeters separate... figured it would be easier to rewire... also make sure you put some bass blockers on the tweeters or they're gonna distort and blow... which is always bad!!

In my explorer and both my marks I've run new speaker wire instead of using that amp bypass harness, because if you want good moderately loud sound (my moderately loud is probably way too loud for most people here) .. the factory wires are too small. Bigger wires make the speakers sound a l o t better.

okay now thw quickest and easiest way to find out if you have the jbl setup is to see if you have tweeters on the upper end of your doors. What i did with one of my marks is ran a 2600 watt 4 channel rewireing the rear (easy as pie) and dropping the wires for the front speakers off the harness from the amp (into my new amp). Also replacing the speakers from stock the stereo got 3 times louder instantly(with new amp).. If you decide to get subs the best to buy for quality and price are the pioneer premier series. no matter what you go with you will have spectacular sound and on pointness. Also i removed my factory amp and had no issues. all i used was the front speaker wires off the harness. then again i ran a seperate amp for everything so it worked out

Staff online

Members online

Back