Rear deck 6x9 speakers

Depending on the power of the head unit and the minimum required by both sets of speakers, you might still need an amp.

It is also correct that the factory head unit sends only the bass frequencies to the deck mounted subs.

i was refering to the OP who wanted to put 6x9's in because he does not have the subs, and i said that i would RERUN the speaker wire from the rear doors (which are in a bad location) to the newly mounted rear speakers in the rear deck. you would then leave the rear door speakers unhooked so that only one set of speakers where hooked up

^ thats what I did when I got a new speaker for my driver side door. It is a bad location.

yeah, I have the "subless" version, but I'm not sure I wanna cut up my rear deck...unless it look ok

yeah, I have the "subless" version, but I'm not sure I wanna cut up my rear deck...unless it look ok

I plan on top mounting my rear mine. After looking at the deck, the sound will not pass through the deck because I plan on using full range speakers, but if you are just looking to add some mid bass speakers there, then cutting will not be necessary.

I plan on top mounting my rear mine. After looking at the deck, the sound will not pass through the deck because I plan on using full range speakers, but if you are just looking to add some mid bass speakers there, then cutting will not be necessary.

I cut mine and just got some black fabric from a local auto upholstery shop and glued it over the hole. I have plenty extra so if I need to get in there I can easily replace the covers.

If you dont wanna go with some obnoxious stereo system it really helps to just put the speakers in the deck. The elevation helps it sound so much better and anyone sitting in the back has less of a hard time hearing it.

I could tell a significant difference in both quality and volume level.

Members online

No members online now.
Back