Rear deck 6x9 to 5x7 speaker adapters???

Mussolini1996

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So here's the scoop. I finally got around to putting in my Infinity Kappa 682.9CF 5x7's in the rear deck of my '02, and come to find out Crutchfield was wrong about the 6x8 size. The 5x7"s are too small. So my question is where's a good place to buy some speaker adapters??? I checked locally and noone seems to carry them. A link would be great. I don't want to have to buy 6x9's since I already have these ones, but if I have to I will.​

I don't know what crutchfield told you but 5x7 and 6x8's are the same sized basket. They are definately smaller than 6x9's

I know the 5x7's and 6x8's are the same. Crutchfield's Website says that the rear deck speakers are the same as the front and rear doors. I have already put Infinity Kappa Perfect 5.25" Components in the front doors and 5x7 Infinity Kappa's in the rear doors. I had bought this other set of 5x7's at the same time. They've just been sitting around for over a year now. I figured I should get around to putting in the rear deck speakers, amps, and subs to finally complete everything.

But anyways......

I just need to know where I can find some adapters so I can use the speakers I already have in the rear deck.

I didn't find any that will work on Crutchfield, but I found some on Ebay, that I hope will work. I'm going with those.

Yes, I could've made my own templates, but I got some on Ebay for less than $10 shipped. I didn't want to have to go back to Lowe's to by some more wood after I got done with false floor. Here's how the trunk looks so far. Alot more Work to do, but it's coming along.

Phone Pictures 001.jpg

Phone Pictures 002.jpg

i just fiberglassed a pair of 8s into the factory sub enclosure and cut the rear deck hole bigger with an air saw. the factory grills cover it perfectly so it looks bone stock

is there a tire in the well or is it just sittin on something else, cuz that would be a bitch to the spare if you gotta disconnect all those cables. looks interesting nonetheless just wanted to know what you did there.

No, the spare tire is removed. I'm not too worried about getting a flat, that's what road side assistance is for. I haven't had a spare in my truck for about 6 years or so, and have never been stranded. I just elevated the false floor with (4) 3" 2x2's. Pretty simple, but the amps will be out of the way, so I can still utilize the majority of my trunk. I'll put up some more pictures, when I get done. I'm hoping for a very clean install. I can't stand seeing wires everywhere.

Have you replaced the stereo. If so, did you have any problems (i.e., car not starting due to anti-theft engaged, etc.) Got an '04 LS. Interested in upgrading the factory 6-disc for an aftermarket touch screen and was looking for any experience out there.

Have you replaced the stereo. If so, did you have any problems (i.e., car not starting due to anti-theft engaged, etc.) Got an '04 LS. Interested in upgrading the factory 6-disc for an aftermarket touch screen and was looking for any experience out there.

Many have replaced the OEM headunits. The PATS system (anti-theft) has no connection at all to the headunit (radio). You won't have any problems there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back