Rear passanger side window......

dblockg

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i had a quick question that i was hopeing someone could answer, cuz apparently my dealership does not know the answer. I am trying to find out what holds the window on the regulator. The problem im having is nothing is there to hold my windows onto the regulator so sometimes it just gets stuck when i roll it up and i need to find out what mounts it to hold it in place. My car is a 03 ls. Thanks for the help :)

I looked at your pics, and i appreciate the help. After looking at yours and mine, mine being still mounted on the car lol, the clamps appear to be plastic so i dont see how they could be tightened. I see a hole on the plastic peace and a hole in the window. Is it possible there is something that has to go thrugh or bolt on that would hold it in place? I called the dealership again and spoke to a mechanic and they were no help at all :( i dont know what to do

I looked at your pics, and i appreciate the help. After looking at yours and mine, mine being still mounted on the car lol, the clamps appear to be plastic so i dont see how they could be tightened. I see a hole on the plastic peace and a hole in the window. Is it possible there is something that has to go thrugh or bolt on that would hold it in place? I called the dealership again and spoke to a mechanic and they were no help at all :( i dont know what to do

I had the same thing happen to me, there are 2 plastic pins and one pushes thru the other to spread it and hold the window in place.

Do you know where i would be able to pick up some of those pins by chance? I called my dealership and they have no idea what im talking about lol

I had to buy a whole window regulator. Did you check inside the door at the bottom, they are probably still inside the door. I thought about maybe using a nut and bolt but wasnt sure if it would ruin the glass, so I just bought the regulator.

Okay, sorry the rear door are different. Here's what the service manual has to say.
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6x1b014.htm~gen~ref.htm

So now all i need to know if anybody knows where i can find the retainer pin for sale? Thanks alot for the info joegr, that info you posted helped alot :)

Members online

Back