Rear side windows

blue_t

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay guys dont beat me up too bad,this is just some goofing off.but those with screwed up rubber on the rear windows here is a cool way to fix it.maybe ricey but it does look better than weathered rubbers..please note,i bought this stuff at autozone for my bike.they do make rolls that is wide enuff to cover with out splicing.i did this to show.it is coming back off so i can do it in one sheet.this is an old window i had laying around.
IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0013-1.jpg

................. id rather stick with dry rotted rubber... LOL

but i guess it is a cool way to do something unique...

Looks better then the f'd rubber seal..Still prob a worthwhile appearance mod if that tickles you're fancy.

oh my god that blue is awesome... i haven't seen your thread.. i knew you were going to paint, but that is an awesome color.. window seal is good idea too

oh my god that blue is awesome... i haven't seen your thread.. i knew you were going to paint, but that is an awesome color.. window seal is good idea too

thank you Danny. yeh the window seal is just a thought.i had a friend of mine in st Louis send me 4 windows,three of them were shot.not much for carbon fiber look,but i was just throwing the ideal out there for everyone.ill probably go with a solid black vinyl.

Id like to see more pictures of the whole car.

I'll be posting some pictures soon,I still have to paint the moldings and mirrors.seems like everytime I get to work on my car I get slamed with work.

I think it looks pretty good. I think it would only work with certain colors though.... and it works pretty nice with that shade of blue.

kinda looks like duct tape to me....

I was gonna say that, but I'm just too gawdam nice. :lol:

A++ for originality tho, gotta respect people who aren't afraid to try out different things. And that blue DOES look terrific!

oh, don't get me wrong, i am a big fan of this car, but this mod just doesn't look good to me, maybe if it was just black or something but to me the silver doesn't go with the car

If you like it, then f*ck it! It's your car! I like it and I that is a nice cheap upgrade that if you get tired of it, you can peel it off! I think I have another side window (if you want to replace it) with no dry rotted rubber....it may be a passenger side though:confused: I can check the garage.

You have to try different things to see how it flows with the original
design concept. Some things will work out great and some you just want
to forget about.

Lee, I have read one of your excellent writeups of your Mark from 2005.
Because of your work, you are an inspiration for one of the projects I am
working on today.

Although the M8 looked great right out of the factory, with your ideas and
cosmetic improvements, your car today is probably the closest example to a
perfect Mark VIII exterior.

As for your window seal, I have a feeling that you will make the right
decision. Like you said early on, my gut instinct also says to go with
solid black vinyl.

And thank you for sharing your work and ideas with us.

Ren/Octane

okay here are some pictures of what i will probably stay with.the carbon fiber was just to show everyone an ideal,lots of marks have damaged weather stripping.i went with black vinyl.i think it looks good and is a big improvement over what it was.
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMjIuanBn.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
okay here are some pictures of what i will probably stay with.the carbon fiber was just to show everyone an ideal,lots of marks have damaged weather stripping.i went with black vinyl.i think it looks good and is a big improvement over what it was.
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMjIuanBn.jpg
[/IMG]

dont know why pictures were not showing up.
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMjQuanBn.jpg
utf-8BSU1BRzAwMjAuanBn.jpg

What did you do to prepare the stainless window trim for paint?

Members online

Back