Rear View Mirror help !

xarruda89x

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, so i pick up my car at Ford today and i get in and i notice black drops of like oil on my center console, including on the wood grain.. So i yell at ford and say what the hell is that bla bla bla, they didnt know, they cleaned it up and found out that the mirror is leaking some type of black liquid, my mirror has a black spot on the bottom left and bottom right, at first they said it was the windshield, because i got it replaced a few months ago, but i inspected and found no sign of liquid from anywhere on the windshield, so i think its just the mirror itself, i got a 2000 LS, no compass on the mirror, the mirror right now its blurry .. oh, and i do have a 12' sub in the trunk, and sometimes i crank it up a lot and the mirror shakes like crazy, maybe i did something to it ...

Cant really tell, but the black spot in on the bottom right ..

i5tcw0.jpg

So question is, does the mirror have some type of liquid inside of it?

And I'm going to have to replace it anyway, looking at Ebay found a few great offers with the compass, which i would like to get ..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002...40017QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting

But anyway, can i replace my 2000 LS Mirror with an 00-02 mirror with compass, with out any additional wiring?

Yes, you can replace it with the compass mirror. But the compass won't work.

+1 on the liquid involved with the auto dimming mirror.

Damnit .. lol, thanks guys, I have to get the same auto dimming, i dont want to do any additional wiring

just 3 days ago i ripped mine apart theres 2 peices of glass put together 1 clear glass and 1 mirror with brown liquid in it / i put back the mirror part cleaned it up and put it back together/ my rear window is tinted so it works perfect

Ok, so ebay was selling one for 14.95! so i put it as a watched item, i check back later that night 0 bids and one hour left, usually i place my bid in the last minute incase there is someone who wants to outbid me, so i said i got an hour i can bid later, i played some xbox 360 in the mean time .. The hour passes, actually a few hours pass and i just realized the item i wanted was not ended. I called this morning and they told me they sold the item, even though the page still says 0 bids ( ? ) ..

So anyway, anyone here selling a rear view mirror without a compass? and i need auto dim that crap comes in handy lol ..

i can buy one with a compass but whats the point when the compass isnt going to work ..

btw, i only have a 3 pin auto dim without a compass

TIA

Yea sounds like that auto-dimming liquid to me...I busted my mirror with 2 15" speakers...it doesn't leak but it is always dim like it is tinted...I need to get one...I think LSKoncepts sells rear view mirrors...check it out...good luck

By the way, that fluid eats paint worse than brake fluid, be careful where it lands. Happens on Audi's all the time. This is all assuming it's about the same stuff, I dont want to be the one to find out though.

it got 2 tiny drops on my wood grain, took it out, chipped the wood a little bit, got it near the shifter, 3 medium sized drops, took it out, chipped that too, that crap is ridiculous.

I have a little rag near the shifter incase it decides to drip again, it doesnt harm anything else in the car.

Yeah LSKoncepts has one for 126, Ebay = under 50, yesterday i had one 14.95, i totally forgot about it and item ended, i got pissed lol ..

I'll keep looking

Hey you better tie a string on your finger so you won't forget next time.

My non-compass mirror in my 2000 just went bad. Has anyone been able to successfully wire in a compass mirror to a car that only had auto-dim?

P.J.

The compass mirrors won't fit. The mounting bracket is different. At least it is on the '00....

I think the PCM controls the compass? If it does, then it won't work..

My non-compass mirror in my 2000 just went bad. Has anyone been able to successfully wire in a compass mirror to a car that only had auto-dim?

P.J.

There are many different auto dimming mirrors that you can install in your LS. The earlier compass mirrors used the 3-pin connectors which would work, but you can also use the newer compass mirrors w/ the 7-pin connectors by removing the 3 pins from your connector and inserting them in the 7 pin connector(both mirrors are wired the same).
Pin 1, is the 12 volt run circuit. Pin 2, is the ground circuit & pin 3, is the 12 volt when shifted in reverse signal. I have the compass/outside temp single display mirror that only reqiured adding 2wires out to the temp sensor and 2 wires to the driver's side auto dimming mirror.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3322744
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3324003
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3855379

The compass mirrors won't fit. The mounting bracket is different. At least it is on the '00....

If you have the rain sensor, you need to find the compass mirror that has the compass module mounted above the mirror mount.

Pic of auto dimming mirror w/top mounted compass module on my 2000 LS and pic of 2 compass mirrors w/ top/bottom mounted modules

If you have the rain sensor, you need to find the compass mirror that has the compass module mounted above the mirror mount.

The newer mirrors (04 to 06, at least) have the compass sensor built into the mirror housing, so there is no extra module to worry about conflicting with the rain sensor.

The newer mirrors (04 to 06, at least) have the compass sensor built into the mirror housing, so there is no extra module to worry about conflicting with the rain sensor.

Yes, but they have a different connector that uses different pins......He would have to cut his wiring and solder them to the newer connector wiring.

Members online

No members online now.
Back