Register

Gambini

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey I never registered with Lincoln when I bought the LS last December and I really want to put in the code for the drivers door.. Sometimes I forget my keys in the house and I have to go back in just to get a book out or something.. IDK how can I start using it or even should I register. I bought the LS at Carmax

If you have the owner's packet that was in the glovebox, there's a plastic card in it with the code printed on it. Other than that, you have to bring it to the dealer to have them read it for you ($$$$$$$).

Just keep trying. There's only 3,125 combinations :D

After several attempts at one time, it shuts down for awhile and go to a no-start condition that can only be over-ride with program key start or programed remote fob. FYI

the card wasnt in mine when i got it and the dealer wanted $60 to read it, so i made the sales man pay for it

IIRC, there is a sticker affixed with the code printed on it. I believe the sticker is somewhere under the driver's side column, affixed to the pcm, or some other box.

IIRC, there is a sticker affixed with the code printed on it. I believe the sticker is somewhere under the driver's side column, affixed to the pcm, or some other box.

Urban myth...One member found a build code sheet in his trunk but no sticker on a box with code.

It might be on a sticker on one of the trunk hinges--apparently, they did that on a very few early-build '03 LSes (I know of at least one LS that had it). The only other place the code has been found printed anywhere in the car was on the card that came from the factory. The manual says that it's printed "on the computer," but it's not; the closest any of us have found were the remains of a tag on the DDM that appears to have been torn off at the factory.

If you don't have the hinge sticker or the code card, your only choice is to get it from a dealership. It doesn't have to be Lincoln dealership; you can go to any Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury dealership, or maybe a Mazda dealership, as long as they have an NGS or WDS tester.

No. The ONLY place on the car to find the factory keypad code is on the DDM (Drivers Door Module). This is inside the drivers door and will require you to remove the door panel. Any Ford dealer can also retrieve the code. It is very simple and maybe you could talk them into a freebee? Or combine it with some other work. If you are under warranty they will get for free.

No. The ONLY place on the car to find the factory keypad code is on the DDM (Drivers Door Module).
Unless you have the tag on the hinge. And if you've found the code printed on the DDM, you're the only person of whom I am aware to do so--it wasn't printed on the DDM in either of my LSes.

the code was not on the dmm on either of my ls's there was a code engraved on the trunk hinge on my mark but not on my ls's

Hey thanks, I found it in the owners manual box never read the thing thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back