Remote Starter question?

williamwatkins

New LVC Member
Reaction score
First, what a great forum!! I've been reading posts for 6 months. Bought my LS about 3 months ago and loving it!

My question - I've had remote starters on every car I've owned for the last 15 years. I want to add one to my LS, but want to make sure by adding one I don't disable any of the car's features, like entry/exit or security system.

Suggestions for which starter to purchase? I see there is an official Lincoln remote starter on their site - anyone know the best place to purchase it?

Thanks for all of the help!

If you have a late model and get the remote starter its integrated into the security system of sorts and uses the same key fob to start the car, set the locks open the trunk, etc.

I think if you do it seperatly you'll have two remotes?

:tmi: I installed a DEI remote start in my 02 ls. It did disable the easy entry but the security system still works. I tried calling my local dealership but they did not seem to want to help me out with the factory remote start option. BTW DEI has a system that will interface with the factory system that uses the OEM key fobs. I had it and couldnt get it to work right(the LS has alot going one in the electrical system) the guy installing it for me used to install this type of system and together we couldnt get it to function. So I ended up using another DEI unit and it works Very well.

williamwatkins said:
My question - I've had remote starters on every car I've owned for the last 15 years. I want to add one to my LS, but want to make sure by adding one I don't disable any of the car's features, like entry/exit or security system.
Apparently, it depends on what year your LS is. The '04 Owner's Manual says that only the Dealer-installed Lincoln Remote Start will work with the LS's anti-theft system. Dunno if that's true, though.

see I was asking about this to and I was told that i have to buy some bypass box for my 02 because of the PATS system or I could just strapped a uncut but programmed key under the dash

I have always heard the DEI is good stuff and has it all!!! so I guess back to the thinking stages again and need to do some more searching

You've all brought up issues that I had with my Cadillacs and Olds. I want to avoid them this time. Has anyone had the official Lincoln remote start installed?

The dealer I called didn't seem to know much - which scares me. Maybe there is a Lincoln support line I can call.

Thank God for heated seats - 21 degrees this morning...brrrrrr

SoonerLS said:
Apparently, it depends on what year your LS is. The '04 Owner's Manual says that only the Dealer-installed Lincoln Remote Start will work with the LS's anti-theft system. Dunno if that's true, though.

I installed 3 remote starts on my vehicles this weekend. One in my wifes Volvo 2004 S60T5, 2005 F150 and 2004 Lincoln LS. The Volvo guys said a remote start is impossible to install in the Volvo with all the security and many people said it cant be done in the 2003+ LS's. I figured out ways around getting all 3 cars to function properly with remote starts. I will be doing a write up for the site as soon as I get some time for the DIY guys on the list. It will be nice not getting up to go outside and start any of the cars in 0 degree weather. I used a cheapie remote start on all 3 from Ebay for $50. I have had it in my 02 Explorer for almost 4 years now and it still is the best remote start I have ever used. I love it especially for the 2000 foot range it has.

Members online

No members online now.
Back