removing a busted key

deadmark8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well i let someone us my mark and they busted the key the key off in the ignition. if i cant get the key out how does the ignition cylinder come out, ive had the column apart b4 so i can handle that myself just never had a mark 8 ign. cyl. out.

thanks

Check the headlight sticky on top of the page, he explains the removal of the cylinder.

David

Ya, check the first page of the headlight sticky... BUT... If the key is broken flush, then you'll have difficulty, as you have to be able to turn the barrel to RUN in order to access the release pin.

Last edited:
EXCELLENT, i knew it was on here but couldnt find it. i can turn it with a screw driver the black part has been gone since i bought it.

im goin to a JY wednesday and i know there are 2 marks there with keys ill just grab one and swap it out.

Ya, check the first page of the headlight sticky... BUT... If the key is broken flush, then you'll have difficulty, as you have to be able to turn the barrel to RUN in order to access the release pin.

Heh... I'm stupid! :rolleyes:

Totally forgot that the Mark has that ring that you can grab, not that it matters. (as yours was missing - glad you were able to wrangle it with a screwdriver, anyway)

This is what happens when I don't use my car for months - forget the simple things! LOL.

Heh... I'm stupid! :rolleyes:

This is what happens when I don't use my car for months - forget the simple things! LOL.

martin
:eek: Not using your mark for months is against the LVC 1st commandment,Thou shalt not leave thy mark viii unattended for more than 48hrs:D

Lol, it's all good - it's in the process of being fixed. :)

BTW, welcome back!

I did that in my first mark, had keyless ignition for about two weeks before i wrestled the thing out. haha

only problem with pliers is the end where it always breaks is a 0 or a 10 however keying goes...but it the furthest cut into the key and theres no room to grab anything. 3 keys for 1 car...not that the trunk or doors ever get used...lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back