Replace factory speakers?

dtx01

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
well i have an 03 ls with factory speakers. i was thinking on upgrading them, just curious what you guys recommend for a setup.

i had an infinity setup in my first car and it sounded great. was even hooked up to the headunit. i cant put both side by side and have a comparison but im pretty sure i can get a lot better sound then these stock speakers.

i know of 6 speakers + 2 tweeters in my car. front/rear doors and the rear deck are the subs right..? if true i just want to replace all the door speakers.

what you guys got for me??? :)

I'm a hardcore Alpine guy, so I'll only recommend Alpine Type-R's, they're sick! Also, Infiniti's top-of-the-line setup is amazing, as well as JL.

Last edited by a moderator:
All speakers are 6x8, you can put 5x7's in there as well as 6 1/2's with a 6x8 converter.(at least with my alpine, i dont know about other stock system setups)

I replaced my front and rear door speakers with CDT 6.5" Component speakers. Center channel was replaced with CDT 4" coax and rear 6x9's are not used and I have 2 JL Audio 10w6v2's in a ported box. I also replaced the factory Alpine radio with a Alpine IVA-W205 double din DVD player with the Blackbird II Navigation.

The 6.5" CDT's required custom baffels to mount them but they fit well and sound great. The 4" center speakers required minimal modification to fit in the factory location. The ported box takes up too much of my trunk so I'm going to swap it out for a single 10" ImageDynamics IDMAX sub in an IB setup.

how did you do this? I thought only 3-3.5 inchers would fit. Could you please post pics?

I will post up some pics when I get a chance. I had to modify the mounting holes on the speakers so that I could use the factory mounting holes for the center speakers and keep the factory grills. I also had to modify the tubes for the heat/ac that runs to the backseat because the magnet on the speaker was so much larger than the factory speakers. i managed to keep everything factory looking and 100% functional though.

I heard the Infinity References are very good for upgrading the stock factory speakers with no major audio performance enhancing. So I decided to pick some up and I like them alot.

Members online

No members online now.
Back