Replaced transmission solenoid and now getting a check transmission code e

Rsnell

LVC Member
Reaction score
Its a 2004 ls and I replace the transmission solenoid, unhooked the battery cable to clear the pcm. Now I'm getting a check transmission with the letter E where park would be. I didn't have the code before. Any suggestions?

Getting the specific OBDII codes would likely help. There will be one or more five character codes, probably starting with "P" in this case.

Probably broke the connector like I did. Bought a new connector. don-ohio :)^)

Fault log report generated by Torque for Android
=================================================

Vehicle VIN:
Vehicle Manufacturer:
Vehicle Calibration ID:

Current Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no current faults

Pending Fault Log
------------------
P0743: Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical
P0750: Shift Solenoid "A"
P0755: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0760: Shift Solenoid "C"

Historic Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no historic faults
Other discovered fault codes
(possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific)
----------------------------------------------------
P1000: [Ford] OBD-II Monitor Testing Incomplete
[Mazda] OBD II Monitor Testing Not Completed

P0713: Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit High Input
P0740: Torque Converter Clutch Circuit
P0748: Pressure Control Solenoid "A" Electrical
P0753: Shift Solenoid "A" Electrical
P0758: Shift Solenoid "B" Electrical
P0763: Shift Solenoid "C" Electrical
P0778: Pressure Control Solenoid "B" Electrical
P0798: Pressure Control Solenoid "C" Electrical
P0960: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0964: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web
P0968: Unknown code - More information may be available on the web

End of report.

It's possible that you have a bad new solenoid assembly, but it is much more likely that you don't have the connector on top of the transmission correctly mated to the solenoid assembly inside the transmission. These are the codes that you would expect if the solenoid assembly weren't plugged in.

Also, these are your unknown codes.

P0755 - Shift Solenoid "B"
P0960 - Pressure Control Solenoid "A" Control Circuit/Open
P0964 - Pressure Control Solenoid "B" Control Circuit/Open
P0968 - Pressure Control Solenoid "C" Control Circuit/Open

That's what I would think, but plug slid right in it and the bolt tightened so not sure how that could be it. I even took it completely back out of the car and put it back in and no difference.

They're very delicate,small wires with only 6 or seven strands of copper. You can order another connector for 80 bucks,Ebay motorcraft, OR you can take a chance. don-ohio :)^)

Let me guess Don, you put some pressure on it to push the connector on, and that's what broke it.

They're very delicate,small wires with only 6 or seven strands of copper. You can order another connector for 80 bucks,Ebay motorcraft, OR you can take a chance. don-ohio :)^)

I'm going to check it again today, but I didn't put any pressure on the plug, I let the bolt pull it down. Could the plug not be tight enough? I snugged it pretty tight. How did you manage to replace the plug? There is hardly any room there to work.

Well, I just looked up the plug on eBay and noticed it has a couple of orings on it to keep moisture out.I didn't notice that when I took mine loose because of the confined area. I'm going to remove the plug and lube the orings up and put it back together. Maybe they're dry and preventing the plug from fully seating.

I would seat the connector before tightening the bolt.

Well that fixed it! I lubed up the orings and retighted. I just didn't have tightened all the way up. Shifts perfect now, no codes. Thanks everyone!

Well that fixed it! I lubed up the orings and retighted. I just didn't have tightened all the way up. Shifts perfect now, no codes. Thanks everyone!

Hi!

What were the symptoms before replacing the solenoid pack?

Best regarsd!

Delayed P-R-D-R-P engagement.

Ty LS4me

I'm having erratic shifting, like a bad engagement 1 to 5 :/ , I'm reading about the solenoid pack and PCM as culprit.

I did thhe transgo shift kit ,the overdrive servo replace and some internal parts(overdrive band strut where found in pan/loose band lock nut,no metal chips or burned bands), it was running so smooth for months after repairs (-.-)! now this bs :p.

Ouch, you didnt replace the solenoid with the other stuff? Well, in my case that and the transgo solved it. But as you see with Yabadaba it was the PCM.

Guess you should roll the dice and pick one. Cant go wrong IMO both are weak links, I personally wonder when I might have to do my PCM.

Ouch, you didnt replace the solenoid with the other stuff? Well, in my case that and the transgo solved it. But as you see with Yabadaba it was the PCM.

Guess you should roll the dice and pick one. Cant go wrong IMO both are weak links, I personally wonder when I might have to do my PCM.

No, i didn't replace the solenoid pack,

i'll feedback soon as posible.

Best regards!

Members online

No members online now.
Back