Result From Ebay Auction Stealing My Pictures

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Thank you to several members here posting about. I got sick of it.:mad: I contacted the company Creative Auto Design. They respond to my e-mail. They stated RAZZI supplied them with the pictures. I contacted RAZZI about it. I also mention possibly working out some sort of sponsorship deal. RAZZI looked into the Creative Auto Designs. They didn't even know who they were. RAZZI NEVER supplied them with any pictures of my LS. SOOO I can have the auctions on Ebay closed. I plan to contact and tell Creative Auto Designs. They either pay to use my pictures. OR I will have the auctions shutdown by Ebay. No more Mr Nice Guy.:mad:

GOOD NEWS!!!! RAZZI and I have worked out a deal for a sponsorship. I am getting FREE side skirts(mine have two small cracks in them). PLUS, RAZZI's NEW Curb Light System for FREE

http://www.razzi.com/product.php?make_id=16&model_id=80&year=2000&type_id=0&product_id=838

They don't have any pictures of them YET.:rolleyes: I will be sending them NEW pictures of my LS for there website and with the Curb Lighting Set. Of course, I will post them here first.:D

hook a brother up with a cheap kit :rolleyes:

would be nice . sigh

you seem pretty happy with how this deal all worked out for you. As well you should. I mean, you're getting free stuff! You can't complain about that! But just remember that the company flat out lied to you when they told you that they got the picture from someone else. If it were me, I'd accept the free gear, but I wouldn't go around pimpin' their products or website until I was damn sure it was worth the money. I hope it works out for you though! On paper it sounds nice!

I don't mean for this to come off as if I'm lecturing you. I don't think that you've been advertising for them or anything. So far I see nothing but the facts. I'm simply saying how I would approach it if I was in your shoes.

I don't mean for this to come off as if I'm lecturing you.

I think it was the EBay company that was using stolen pictures, not RAZZI. RAZZI is the one doing the sponsorship.

That's what I took it as, anyway.

RAZZI is sponsoring me.:)

Creative Auto Designs is the company that stoled the pictures then lied.:mad: I talked to them today. They have changed there story NOW, they are saying they got the pictures from Extreme Dimensions. I checked out ED's website. ED has my pictures on there site as well. At this point, do I just say "the hell with it"? I got mine out of the deal. Or do I make them remove the pictures?

Dont let them gain off what you have done. keep bantering and make them remove the images.

yep, let 'em have it. I suppose it's not worth legal action but bother them enough and maybe you'll be compensated. Why should they profit from the improvements that you've made to your car?

I told the guy from RAZZI about Extreme Dimensions using my pictures. His response "get a lawyer". Apparently, ED takes what pictures they want from where they want. The fact its my car and I took the pictures doesn't matter. I would have to go to court to get them to remove the pictures. Thats f@#ked up.

I spoke to Extreme Dimensions today. Looks like we will be working something out.;) I will post up what happens.

Why don't you start putting copyright watermarks over any future pictures you take.

Get something out of them. Charge royalties for the use of your pictures if nothing else. They're making money using your pictures. They're making a profit, and you're basically advertising for them. They need to at least cut you in on that, whether it be with some free stuff (and lots of it), or money. You know you'll have to watermark all of your pics from now on though.

As I recall from some photography papers and articles I've read...

There's always an issue of who "owns" the picture that is taken. This is especially the case when the picture is of someone. Well, apparently precedence of law says that unless other agreements have been made, the person who created the picture (the one with their finger on the button) owns the picture. Obviously, exceptions to this are agreements made with photographers (thought generally, it doesnt include you owning the product), having someone use your equipment to take a picture for you.

Either way, it sounds to me like copyright infringement

Get something out of them. Charge royalties for the use of your pictures if nothing else. They're making money using your pictures. They're making a profit, and you're basically advertising for them. They need to at least cut you in on that, whether it be with some free stuff (and lots of it), or money. You know you'll have to watermark all of your pics from now on though.

Thats kind of what I said.:) Its my hardwork put into the car. Why should I let them trade off my work for free. I deserve compensation in some form. They agreed. So I will be getting something in return for their use of my pictures and car. The guy I spoke with is going to his boss with my info. They should be calling in the next few days.

RAZZI is giving me a new set of side skirts. They have already arrived at my office.:)

Extreme Dimensions and I worked out a sponsorship deal that we both could live with. They are using my pictures in there Ebay auctions and on thier website. In return, I get a duraflex wing and have to place one sticker on my LS. Thwing is NOT for the LS. Its for another project I am working on. Which could lead to anothe sponsorship for that vehicle.

Members online

No members online now.
Back