Santa Delivery Part 2

KD00LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got my set of KDW2's, 255/45R18's to mount on my Stern ST-1's. Should be in progress rather soon with the mounting and all. Here's some pictures. Tell me what you guys think.

bfg_gforce_ta_kdw2_ci2_ls-.jpg

st-1_face_iii_beast_glos_black_lg.jpg

Thanks, to my knowledge I'm the first silver LS with black wheels on here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Those are some sick tires, my friend has em on 06 ML500 on 22 inch rims, I think they are 285/40/22 or 285/35/22, I don't remember, mad lookin tires though.

Nice rims by the way.

I like the rims should be interesting to see how it looks. Those tires look nice also but from what I heard BFG G-Force are not so good in the wear department. My friend once told me he burns thru BFG tires more then he changes his boxers, and he is a clean freak. LOL

Good luck let us see them ASAP!

-Scott-

ps My xmas gift should be inhouse sometime next week!

Fastbird said:
Wow, I REALLY like those wheels. How much did they set you back, if you don't mind.

Of course I don't mind. I bought them off of Ebay brand new for $925 shipped. They have 4 different colors. High polished aluminum, Chrome, Black Chrome, and Gloss Black(the wheels shown above). I just did a search on Ebay for the seller, I couldn't find the direct link to the wheels that I got. The good news is I bought them off of an Ebay online store, so I'm sure they'll pop up again. Also, Ken Garrison was looking at the same wheels so he might possibly remember the seller's name. 18x8 with a 2 inch chrome lip, very stylish wheel. I don't think they'll stand out in a bad way. Also you live in Sicklersville, so possibly sometime in the summer, if you don't order a set, I can meet up with you and show you my wheels to see how you like them. I live in Medford.

ohioLS said:
I like the rims should be interesting to see how it looks. Those tires look nice also but from what I heard BFG G-Force are not so good in the wear department. My friend once told me he burns thru BFG tires more then he changes his boxers, and he is a clean freak. LOL

-Scott-

Yeah I know the BFGoodrich tires don't have that great of treadware. It's rated at 300, which is decent. The reason I bought these is that I will only be running the rims in the summer, and swap my old wheels back on in the winter(Keep the new wheels in good condition and keep the new tires for a year or two). The other reason was that they only cost $161 a tire for 255/45R18 size tires. I think they're a pretty good deal. They also did a test in Car and Driver magazine and the KDW2's outperformed the Goodyear Eagle F1's in dry traction. The wet track was a different story. I'll tell you those F1's are a nice set of tires.

ohioLS said:

-Scott-

If you think BFG's wear fast then don't ever buy Pirelli's. I have the exact same BFG's as KD00LS on my car right now and they are doing OK I had them on for almost a year but I bought pirelli's first and I had to change them after a little over a year.

ovsims said:
If you think BFG's wear fast then don't ever buy Pirelli's. I have the exact same BFG's as KD00LS on my car right now and they are doing OK I had them on for almost a year but I bought pirelli's first and I had to change them after a little over a year.

Well I have the pleasure of having Pirelli PZeros on my 88 XJS Jaguar and they have great wear so far but that car isnt really a burnout car its a pure long distance sprinter/touring. I have not had BFGs literally everyone I talk to say dry conditions they r awesome but they wear way to fast. Kumho Ecstas are probably hands down some of the cheapest high performance tires I have ever ran. I always recomened Kumho!

-Scott-

Eh, I'm not too worried about treadware. These tires weren't too expensive anyway.

KD00LS said:
Also you live in Sicklersville, so possibly sometime in the summer, if you don't order a set, I can meet up with you and show you my wheels to see how you like them. I live in Medford.

Oh man, that would be awesome. I'd love to see how they look in person.

Members online

No members online now.
Back